most miles

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wonder who has the most miles on their new viper here? i will start. i have ...... no miles yet. my car is still not built.

mikesax

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have 2000 in 4 weeks. I have 35000 on my TOXIC orange 2010 vert, I haven't even started it in the month since I got my Venom Black!! If it doesn't rain, I am driving it everywhere I go. I like it more everyday, it really is such a great feeling

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Give that 2010 some love! Toxic Orange is rare enough, let alone in a 'vert. You have the best of both worlds, my friend.

mikesax

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As you can see from the miles I love them both!! The new Viper is SPECIAL!!!!!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
way behind at only 60 miles...but only drove her this weekend and last...hope to experience the car more and more. less intimidating and feel more comfortable with each new drive. Still trying to learn her personality.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just over 4,600 so far. Mostly highway, but also a lot of city miles too.

Detroit to Houston
Houston to Concord, NC and back (Hotrod Power Tour)

Car gets about 150 miles a week on it now. I bought this one to drive, because my '06 is a little too rowdy for commuting.

Tony

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i'm at 3,600 miles after 6 weeks and hope to be over 15k by the end of the year. Southern California has some good driving and this is my daily driver.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just over 4,600 so far. Mostly highway, but also a lot of city miles too.

Detroit to Houston
Houston to Concord, NC and back (Hotrod Power Tour)

Car gets about 150 miles a week on it now. I bought this one to drive, because my '06 is a little too rowdy for commuting.

Tony

Obviously, its an S2000 with a V10 stuffed in it that is not worthy of the Viper name and will be dismissed by most. ;)

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i'm at 3,600 miles after 6 weeks and hope to be over 15k by the end of the year. Southern California has some good driving and this is my daily driver.

Oddly enough, I also think it's the perfect daily driver for San Diego County. :)

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For guys whom plan to DD, are u budgeting $6k per year for tires?

Why? The P Zero Corsa's will be eaten through rather fast. The standard tires have a treadwear rating for 160, which "translates" roughly into 16,000 miles - I'd assume if you don't drive too aggressive. At $1900 to replace, I don't expect to replace them more than once a year.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll keep my Corsas on my track wheels, they'll only see track duty. I have a set of Venoms with standard P Zeros in my garage, just waiting for their Viper to do the street cruising. The Corsas may only last a couple of track weekends, if I drive hard. Then who knows, maybe MPSCs, Trofeo Rs (if and when they're out), or slicks. We shall see!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be switching to Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my aftermarket wheels. I do like the Corsa quite a bit though, very impressed with this tire so far.

Tony

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why? The P Zero Corsa's will be eaten through rather fast. The standard tires have a treadwear rating for 160, which "translates" roughly into 16,000 miles - I'd assume if you don't drive too aggressive. At $1900 to replace, I don't expect to replace them more than once a year.

Take another look Harold. My P Zero's say 220 for the treadwear and my Corsa's say 60. I believe the 220 rating is the same as the standard Michelin tire which was on the 08 non ACR Vipers. I drove a lot of highway miles and got about 25,000 miles per set. Fronts could have lasted longer. I expect to do the same with the P Zero's---time will tell!

Bill

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score

great info....thnx!!

on the lambo I had P Zero Rosso's and they were rated for 5500 miles...I stretched it to 7k and they were at the wear bars.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take another look Harold. My P Zero's say 220 for the treadwear and my Corsa's say 60. I believe the 220 rating is the same as the standard Michelin tire which was on the 08 non ACR Vipers. I drove a lot of highway miles and got about 25,000 miles per set. Fronts could have lasted longer. I expect to do the same with the P Zero's---time will tell!

Bill
Oh sweet! Even better.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you guys putting the mileage on.
I hate reading stories about guys driving 200 miles a year and they think it's never going to depreciate that way.
It does and it will whether you drive them or not.

Enjoy them you never know what tomorrow has in store.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you guys putting the mileage on.
I hate reading stories about guys driving 200 miles a year and they think it's never going to depreciate that way.
It does and it will whether you drive them or not.

Enjoy them you never know what tomorrow has in store.

Exactly, oh no, you may get 10-15% less in resale!

mikesax

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I could never understand not driving as often as possible-insanity sets in when I cant drive these cars on a nice day!! Its not about anything other than pure enjoyment when I am behind the wheel!!!!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony
I am getting ready to order PSS also. Take a look at the fronts, there are no 295x30's. That oem tire is only 25".

I'll be switching to Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my aftermarket wheels. I do like the Corsa quite a bit though, very impressed with this tire so far.

Tony

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony
I am getting ready to order PSS also. Take a look at the fronts, there are no 295x30's. That oem tire is only 25".

I'm doing 19/20 on my Gen 5. They have 295/30-19 and 305/30-19 for the front. I'm pretty sure the 305 will tuck no problem, there is a lot more front tire room in the Gen 5. The stock 295 tire is pretty far under the fender.

Eric, Nitto Invo doesn't make the front widths I want. I also like the taller MPSS 20" rear tire. It is a 345/30-20 (28.1") and fills up the fender gap nicely. Invo is only a 345/25-20, pretty thin.

Tony

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960