Motons & Wheel Spacers Installed Pics

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took some time today to snap a few pics. I had some hub and wheel centric spacers made. I went with 3/4" front and 1" rear spacers. The wheel spacers(along with the new slammed stance) have really changed the whole look of the car. The factory 5 spokes look so much more aggressive when flushed with the fenders.

The front moton canisters are just zip tied to the crossmember for now(still have to find time to install the front mounts).

The next time I post updated pics the car will have a completely different look!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats Ya'll!!! I tell ya the truth I cant believe the way the motons and spacers changed the overall look. Never thought factory wheels could look so good but dont get me wrong Id gladly have a set of 19/20's on her in a split second if I could swing it. Wouldnt mind having a set like mister Ryan has :2tu:. Hell If you want to get me a great christmas present Ryan those concaves would be perfect for my car;)

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's beautiful! The first pic is awesome with how the bricks reflect on the headlight, very good composition. It shows her off extremely well. Im hoping to someday add those or the new MCS setup to my Gen II, especially after reading your other thread about them.

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much fellas :2tu: After how the cars turned out and the good reviews here Im having doubts about changing her looks. I was thinking about doing the full ACR conversion and having my 5 spokes painted black along with a complete blacked out scheme??? Man I would sure hate to screw up her looks.

I had the spacers built by this company http://www.motorsport-tech.com/ . "American made" to your specific sizes and specs.

Thanks Tucker, And again Im sure glad you hooked me up brotha!!! I know Im a broken record here but guys if you get a chance to purchase Motons or the new Motion Suspension freakin go for it. You will thank me later!! To be this low and ride this good should be illegal:D

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much fellas :2tu: After how the cars turned out and the good reviews here Im having doubts about changing her looks. I was thinking about doing the full ACR conversion and having my 5 spokes painted black along with a complete blacked out scheme??? Man I would sure hate to screw up her looks.

I obviously love the ACRs, that being said, it would be extremely difficult to actually "improve" how she currently looks. IMO anyway. Maybe a set of HREs if you ever get tired of the 5 spokes but the stockers look great flush. Do what makes YOU happy :cool:

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony&Matt :2tu:. I obviously have my doubts about changing it up too. More than likely I will just sell my ACR stuff and do more performance goodies.

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to hit a huge bump at pretty good speed to get any rubbing on the rear. But I have her set at full soft if I went 3 or 4 clicks firmer that would go away. Heck every vette and viper Ive had would rub on the big bumps after lowering so a little here and there doesnt bother me. Dont get me wrong I love my car and it is treated with kids love so if it was rubbing every mile I drove then yes I would raise it or tighten up the motons.

Now that I think about it my car is 3/4" lower in the rear than my previous 2 vipers that I put Eibachs/caps on and the motons still rub less.

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Blue. Looks like you have a bright blue one too??
Dang Austin thats all the pics I kept on my harddrive. But I am doing another exterior mod this week so will post more pics when thats done:2tu:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ordered new- silver stripes, gray panels- light arc bezels- hard loaded h-spokes

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't mind my brief reply, but the car does look cool sitting there.

Yet, putting my automotive design hat on for a comment (please don't mind it, it's just the facts from experience to share)... effectively, you have negatively changed the handling / vehicle dynamics performance of you car. OEMs designed and tuned the suspension system thoroughly, which is also related to the center of the tire contact patch, ride height of the vehicle to determine an ideal roll center to determine many handling aspects and in relation to the center of gravity of the car.

I don't have any work stuff / docs that I can post here, but here's a link with info that is suitable off the net, as it's an example how the suspension geometry of the car is defined regarding the roll center. There's more info out there on the net..

http://www.neohio-scca.org/comp_clinic/hand_out_reprints/Vehicle Dynamics2007.pdf

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great Wayne! And I'm with Tucker, meh to the above post.

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2000 Black. Im far from an expert. What you said makes total since to me in theory, but in order to get the correct roll center dont the suspension mounting point need to be moved or longer arms? If my assumption is correct, the acr has a lower stance "center of gravity" but the same mounting points on the a arms. The car needs to transfer weight on the outerwheels thru roll or downforce transfer and if the ride height is lower than than roll center it will actually push the weight out instead of transfering it down. That being said and taking the ride quality, oem cost, out of the equation, which car between the srt10, acr, and acrx has a better, roll center setup, or what is the best setup/ride height for the fixed postions on these cars?

Oh btw the car looks great.

Last edited:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Concerned about the handling and ride? The comp coupe used 3/4" spacers - so I tend to think that speaks volumes about what Dodge did to improve the handling characteristics. I'm not sure about the back as it seems to stick out just a bit much for my tastes and if it did rub, might catch the rear quarter lip. When I hit a big bump with my modified Viper with 1" spacers and motons - it rubs on the inner liner.

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is it handles better than stock now and like Tucker and Andy said on a road course with equal drivers my money is on the moton slammed car. And the car finds more traction now AND all my wheel hop is gone. That alone was worth the price of motons.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang