Motor Trend Survey Results: "What Is The Hottest New Supercar?"

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motor Trend Survey Results: \"What Is The Hottest New Supercar?\"

deleted

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Rick Martino on 08-08-2002 at 09:31 PM</font>

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Motor Trend Survey Results: \"What Is The Hottest New Supercar?\"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FR USMC:
any chance we could compare these numbers to the 2002 or 2001 numbers??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the only way to compare fairly would be to look at how long it took for the GTS voucher program in 96 to be sold out v.s. SRT coupon program.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rick,

&lt;sarcasm&gt;
Obviously you are lying, because the SRT is universally hated and the ugliest thing to come out of Detroit in many years... quit trying to make yourself feel better about your purchase by trying to convince yourself the SRT isn't an ugly polished ****
&lt;/sarcasm&gt;

laugh.gif

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Huh? How is that possible. I'm an 03 fan, and am getting one, but ummm, I'd pick anyone of those other cars over my 03. A vanquish? Oh man, how swwet are those, or the S7? No way, we musta all voted or something, since that just doesn't seem right.

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with Nsane1. If I were to be given one, I would take any of those cars over the Viper - partly because of the extra bucks they are worth. But even at the same price, it's still a tough call. (Saleen S7 or Viper???)

Were the survey takers influenced by the (assumed) lower cost of the Viper and therefore chose it for being more affordable?

What is the criteria for being the "Hottest New Supercar"??

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick Martino:
2003 Dodge Viper: 21.45%

2003 Lamborghini Murcielago: 21.18%

2003 Porsche Carrera GT: 15.64%

2004 Bugatti EB 16-4 Veyron: 15.64%

2002 Saleen S7: 15.46%

2002 Aston Martin V12 Vanquish: 10.63%

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Does anyone else think the Moo-see-a-lago looks like a big, plastic, pos?

No offense intended, but it just doesn't grab me.

Now all the Lambo fans please check in, and tell me what you think of my opinion!!! (Like I have to ask!)

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick Martino:
2003 Dodge Viper: 21.45%

2003 Lamborghini Murcielago: 21.18%

2003 Porsche Carrera GT: 15.64%

2004 Bugatti EB 16-4 Veyron: 15.64%

2002 Saleen S7: 15.46%

2002 Aston Martin V12 Vanquish: 10.63%

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, no way the SRT-10 tops that list. How many times did the PVO and CAAP folks vote?
laugh.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I saw all those cars at the Detroit show over the last two years. The Lambo and S7 looked great, but they also appear to be "kit" looking while the Viper had an aggressive and real look. While the Lambo, Viper, Aston and Porsche are on the main level, and easy to see, the Bugatti was hidden and hard to find, and the S7 was stuck in the basement where many people never even venture.

Again, this is a testament to how fantastic this Viper looks in person. Sorry it disappoints you, but I guess you will get used to be disappointed, since our current Viper(s) will now be the "slow" child of the group.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sooooo, Devil, I'm confused, .. your wife prefers goodlooking and SLOW? Vs. Ugly and fast? I thought you Texas boys put fast before anything? The times the TEXAS cars run would indicate that! Gotta''splain that to me, I would rather have the FASTER car, as long as costs were somewhat equal, one of the things I get the biggest kick out of is looking at cars road tests that cost 2-3 times my GTS and saying..oops! 4.8 0-60 I'm still faster at half the price! And I'll feel the same way with the SRT, IF it's faster. I don't give a rat's a$$ what anyone thinks it looks like. When you race somebody and you beat 'em, they generally don't stand around goin'...yeah, but man your car, it ain't as pretty as mine... they just go away! Think about it. There may be a time...you're prettier, but SLOWER! Bigger engine, same mods. everything equal, spend as much on mods on SRT as GTS, we're gonna get beat Devil, but we gonna' be better lookin' right?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
Sorry it disappoints you, but I guess you will get used to be disappointed, since our current Viper(s) will now be the "slow" child of the group.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh no!
crying.gif
What will I do?
eek.gif
Oh, my wife just entered the room and said not to worry, since most women prefer good looking and slow to ugly and fast! She also stated that the curvy body of the current VIPER is much more comfortable to bend over on while being polished...sorry I must go now!!!
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
seeya.gif

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee00blacksilverGTS:
Sooooo, Devil, I'm confused, .. your wife prefers goodlooking and SLOW? Vs. Ugly and fast? I thought you Texas boys put fast before anything? The times the TEXAS cars run would indicate that! Gotta''splain that to me, I would rather have the FASTER car, as long as costs were somewhat equal, one of the things I get the biggest kick out of is looking at cars road tests that cost 2-3 times my GTS and saying..oops! 4.8 0-60 I'm still faster at half the price! And I'll feel the same way with the SRT, IF it's faster. I don't give a rat's a$$ what anyone thinks it looks like. When you race somebody and you beat 'em, they generally don't stand around goin'...yeah, but man your car, it ain't as pretty as mine... they just go away! Think about it. There may be a time...you're prettier, but SLOWER! Bigger engine, same mods. everything equal, spend as much on mods on SRT as GTS, we're gonna get beat Devil, but we gonna' be better lookin' right?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hint: Read my post again and realize I'm not talking about Vipers. There are other things in the world that are also a lot of fun. I was using an analogy! Also, I was being sarcastic about how scared I am about the tremendous HP and speed of the SRT-10. I can't wait till one tries to race me. Also, I would not be so sure that an equally modded SRT-10 will be as fast as a modded Gen II. Although, I think you can be sure that the SRT-10 is ugly and will still be ugly after mods! Let me know if you still can't figure out my original post.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG:
Yeah, those results are a bit fishy.......an SRT over this? I don't think so.
You must be registered for see images

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I definitely agree. That's one mean machine!

Reaction score

The 36th Annual Palo Alto Concours d'Elegance was last Sunday. There were Hundreds of great cars some with a value of $4,000,000(an old Ferrari).

They had a "Gallery of the Greats" as follow:

2003 Lamborghini Murcielago

Three Porsche's a; 2003 GT2, a Ruf RGT and a black 959 1 of 1 presented to Vern Schuppan by Porsche after winning 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Bugatti EB 110 Super Sport.

McLaren F1

Aston Martin V12 Vanquish

Three Ferrari's; F40, Barchetta Pininfarina and a 288 GTO

2003 Maserati Spider

1998 Dodge Viper GT-2

The crowd made comments about the styling of the cars but the performance numbers were their main interest. I am sure a 2003 SRT10 would have been the crowd pleaser. Performance is the most important item. I love the SRT10 and hope PVO continues to focus on performance, and ignores the CRY'S of the styling focused fans.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang