Mouse in my Viper??

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob,

I sit an aluminum pie plate with moth balls and charcoal briquettes in it. Put one in the engine compartment. I had to store one of my Shelby cars out at a friend's pole barn one year. I used the moth/charcoal. The barn was fully finished inside, insulated, concreted, no mousers in mine, but mousers in his car. It works.

Oh, make sure WHEN YOU BRING your SSG over next Saturday for the party.....leave the mouser at home.:) We're almost at 100 guests. Snow has melted. Roads should be washed off next week. Extended forecast shows good weather for next Saturday. :) Be careful traveling.

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hopeing the weather will be nice enough. :)
Bob,

I sit an aluminum pie plate with moth balls and charcoal briquettes in it. Put one in the engine compartment. I had to store one of my Shelby cars out at a friend's pole barn one year. I used the moth/charcoal. The barn was fully finished inside, insulated, concreted, no mousers in mine, but mousers in his car. It works.

Oh, make sure WHEN YOU BRING your SSG over next Saturday for the party.....leave the mouser at home.:) We're almost at 100 guests. Snow has melted. Roads should be washed off next week. Extended forecast shows good weather for next Saturday. :) Be careful traveling.

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get one of the electronic/plug-in rodent stations and plug into a garage outlet. They work great. Available at any Lowes/Home Depot/Walmart in the rodent bait & trap section. I keep them plugged into my RV during storage since mice ate through my refer screen on the roof. My parents had a huge rat infestation after the neighbor's house finally sold (3 ft of trash throughout house, 4 foot tall grass etc....) after trapping 7 rats average per day for a week day, they plugged in the noise boxes - no more rats.

One caveat - If you have a pet hamster or rabbit. They will go insane. Says so on the box.

SublimEd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If u think u have a mouse around, just get a small 2-3' high waste can, place it in the garage, put some peanut butter on a ******* and throw it in the can. Find a small board and make a ramp from the floor to the top of the can, they will climb up, jump down and be stuck there till u can take the can out or down the road to let it go for the next guy! Works every time! Don't use anything else, sticky traps with a wounded mouse, he can still drag in around, poisen and the mouse could die behind the dash (ask me how I know) which is not good during the summer months!
Ed

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Years ago I started up my 289 Cobra-it was kinda loud, and a mouse was hiding in the engine compartment...it literally dropped dead and fell under the car. Funnest thing I ever saw...especially since one had chewed up the underdash wiring a few year earlier.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in college I had a 91 RS Camaro that I had built up with a newer Corvette LT1. When I went home for the summer, it would be out in the parking area near the woods. Sure enough, I ended up with a mouse problem. I could never find the bugger, but he had made a nest near my heater core in the dash and had pooped EVERYWHERE in the engine bay and inside the car. Thankfully, no damage.

I cleaned the car, thought he was gone, but every now and then there were new pebbles. It drove me NUTS.

So I went out to the truck one day (next to the car) and I thought I saw movement underneath. Aha! Got him! But no.... I bent to look under from the front of the car, and sitting dead center was a Copperhead enjoying the warm pavement.

I backed away and left him there. I don't know what exactly happened, but the cool coincidence is that my mouse problems ceased to exist after that. So.... go team Copperhead!

(Though the next time I got in the car, I DID do a thorough look-around... just to be sure nothing scaly and poisonous was going to make it's presence known when driving.... had a friend get in that situation once and I'd prefer to avoid it)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo