mr. fernandez's "SuperViper"

pitviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mr. fernandez\'s \"SuperViper\"

i had read a bit back about fernandez commenting in a mag article about the whole performance war between the rival makes and that they had been toying with a "SuperViper" idea...does anyone know exactly what woudl be involved in such a product? would it be a coupe? carbon fibre monocoque and paddle shifting perhaps? race version built off small production run to reconquer LeMans?!?! huf-huff-huff...sorry, breathing hard and getting ahead of myself...anyway, if any one knows the inner musings of what mr. ferandez might have had in mind, i'd be much apprciated...

pit

M. ROD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: mr. fernandez\'s \"SuperViper\"

John Fernandez:"I think we're right on the verge of seeing a war between General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler over cars like the Viper."

Here's my favorite part of that article:

-John Fernandez, director of DC's fledgling Performance Vehicle Operation(PVO), doesn't want an arms race. He wants an arms rout. If things really go thermonuclear, he has a plan."I've often thougt we could do a 'Super' Viper," he muses."That's still in the back of our minds."

Here's my 'Super' Viper;

The looks of Viper GTSR concept with a 505ci HEMI V10 producing at least 600hp and 650 lb-ft of torque. Yes I like to dream!!!

OP
OP
P

pitviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanks for the carrot, steve...;-)

my version of the super Viper? a carbon tubbed V10 beast that had the looks of the GTS/R concept, but with gull wing doors, and formed the basis of the next LeMans/ALMS winner...perhaps with the engine (gasp! whisper-) behind the driver?!

pit

OP
OP
P

pitviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

or while i'm dreaming...a joint dodge/mercedes effort to put DC at the top of the supercar world with an AMG/PVO V10 in the rear; gull wing; with styling being a cross between Viper GTS/R Concept and CLK GTR...a carbon tubbed harbringer of victory dubbed the Silver Serpent, paying twin homage to the Viper and Silver Arrows racers of yesteryear...and by the way...it pulls a (1995) McLaren and wins LeMans...overall...

pit