msd window switch

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is there any where that sells one already setup for our cars? i dont want to go through the conversion process with msd. any help is greatly appreciated

btw, anyone know of any trick billet bottle mounts?

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES!(Sorry Tony...this one is new) I hated the idea of buying MSD's box, then send it off, pay more, and being limited to specific rpms...

There is a window switch that works for our cars, right out of the box...I am testing it this weekend and will report back...

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't you just set the rpm on the window switch at an rpm 120% above the rpm you really want?

My experience with a shift light on a Viper finds the light coming on at 80% of the rpm it's set at. (V10 effect)

Using a 6900rpm pill will have the shift light to come on at an actual 5500rpm for example.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the viper the MSD switch is set up for a two cylinder engine. The pickup point is a single coil pack lead that generates two sparks per firing cycle. Be careful they are inherently inaccurate and MSD will dance around that fact.

When you dyno watch at he turn-on point. As an example, I have mine set at 3000 and it comes on at 2700. That is not real bad, however, if you have gears or high hp, that 10% will drop the limiters top-end shutoff from the normal 6000, down to 5400 and that can shut you down in 4th gear before the traps. That is where you can go up in size with the pills.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"For the viper the MSD switch is set up for a two cylinder engine."

A racing motorcycle shop will likely have these.

Cudaman :usa: