MSD wires

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm going to install the MSD wires this week and am wondering, How do I know which length MSD I should use on which cilinder?

I am planning on doing it one by one in order not to loose the correct place, but this way I can't see the length differences from the OEM cables. Anyone a bright idea?

Thanks in advance!

Roy

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed my AB Quality wires (with ACR-X hi-heat socks) yesterday and love'em :2tu: If the MSD's are not numbered, I could measure my 03 OEM wires this evening, if needed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Msd aren't numbered, the manual sais I have to take all OEM's off and match them as good as possible, but I want to do them one by one!

If you are willing to measure the OEM's, I would really appreciate that. I don't know if they are equally long with the rt/10, if not you don't have to take the trouble.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Msd aren't numbered, the manual sais I have to take all OEM's off and match them as good as possible, but I want to do them one by one!

If you are willing to measure the OEM's, I would really appreciate that. I don't know if they are equally long with the rt/10, if not you don't have to take the trouble.

I'd be happy to measure my OEM's. But, I'll have to defer to an expert to know whether the 2003 SRT-10 wire lengths are the same as an RT/10's :dunno:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
out of curiosity why are you replacing your wires, it is due to age, damage, cosmetic, mileage? At how many miles would you consider changing your wires?

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed my AB Quality wires (with ACR-X hi-heat socks) yesterday and love'em :2tu: If the MSD's are not numbered, I could measure my 03 OEM wires this evening, if needed.

Where did you buy the socks?

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be happy to measure my OEM's. But, I'll have to defer to an expert to know whether the 2003 SRT-10 wire lengths are the same as an RT/10's :dunno:
Someone allready did I just saw, thanks anyway!!
Here are mine...hope this helps...
You must be registered for see images

This is way better of an answer as what I was thinking of! :headbang:
Thanks for the perfect picture!

out of curiosity why are you replacing your wires, it is due to age, damage, cosmetic, mileage? At how many miles would you consider changing your wires?
I am replacing them because they are way too old. They should be changed sometimes, don't know exactly at what interval and people tend to have different opinions about things. I know Steve-indy does his cars every year with just a couple of miles, but that's a lot of overkill. I would say every 15/20K miles or every 2/3 years should do the tric.

I've read about people missing as much as 50 horses because the wires caused a slight ignition fault, which comes in slowly, so you won't notice them disappearing, but you will feel them coming back with new plugs and wires. I am not aiming at horses here, but just proper maintainance.

Thanks for all the help, you guys made the job way easier!

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and did you guys use some kind of (dielectric) grease on the plugwires and what kind than?

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Job's done...but what a pita! My hands are hurting like hell and my back isn't brand new anymore...
Sizes where pretty good, but mine where totally different form LifeIsGood's, so I just had a look first to see which one is how long and match them up.

Here's the result

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roy, mine are coming due and I have my MSD wires already. Did you notice any difference?

Don't know what the expression "coming due" means, but I guess you're gonna fit them. just take your time and remove the airbox and pull the water/heater hoses up all the way, this gives you lots more room to work.

I didn't notice the difference yet because I haven't driven it, only started it once since. gonna drive today or friday. i am kind a busy and the weather was all wet this weekend, so there wasn't a possibility.

If I feel anything during the testdrive, I will let you know here.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coming Due for me means that hopefully I'll be getting my GG Heads / new gaskets / Cam ... so it'll be mostly dismantled and rebuilt

Pretty sure with all that, I won't know if the wires make any difference

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just made a test drive, I noticed on low revs, it doesn't give hesitations any more, on high revs it's also smoother and catchier.

In short it runs more smooth as before. I also did the plugs, they were still pretty good and the color on them was perfect:) always nice to see it's healthy

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom Francis at DMS South, Inc. (Viper Race Headquarters) 704 786 1909, ask for ACR-X socks

is he allowed to sell ACR-X socks ? are they made in USA ? are they ACR-X type socks or the real deal ?

J/K, couldnt resist

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is he allowed to sell ACR-X socks ? are they made in USA ? are they ACR-X type socks or the real deal ?

J/K, couldnt resist

Lol, now that was funny right there! :lmao: I will soon find out as I already ordered a set from Tom @ DMS South last week when I ordered my ACR-X Borla 3" Exhaust. Will post pics when they arrive.........