Murcielago

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like I never get a chance to put my car through it's paces. Every time I see something worth racing, it's always the wrong time. I don't know how many times I've seen a hot car on the road and could have a potential quick race and my 9 year old son is in the car. Also, my car is so loud that I get a little paranoid whenever I get on it, because the cops can hear me from so far away. This morning I finally got the chance. While driving to work I spot something bright yellow a few cars ahead. I decide to make my way up to him thinking there's no way we could ever race anyway, it's 8am and the roads are filling up with everyone else on their way to work. As luck would have it I pull up to the Lambo and the light turns red. We are on 25a which is 2 lanes either direction, 55mph zone with lights here and there. It couldn't be a more perfect spot. I look over but don't seen anything because of the glare on the window. I didn't want to rev my motor and act like the same kids that pull up to me in a piece of sh*t and try and race. We had wide open road in front of us, so I let him make the first move. I figured he would take the opportunity since although I didn't rev the car he knew I was there by the noise and my cam also shakes the car while standing still. Since he took off first he got about 1/2 a car length on me. I punched it in 1st but basically had zero traction. Hit second and played with the throttle. By this time I was already passed him and then hit third. 3rd is where I really feel the power and blood rush from my spine. What a feeling! I dusted him so bad that he would not even come up near me for the next 2 miles until we went our separate ways. I know he shouldn't have come close to me anyway as my car is far from stock, but it still felt great to ****** the Murcielago. So now I'm driving the rest of the way to work wondering when the blood will return to my legs when a guy in a new pickup flags me down. He says "it was great how you trashed that thing, now that's American Muscle!"
Needless to say, that was a great start to a beautiful summer day.

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE!! I know what you are talking about timing and opportunity!! I'm on 25a everyday, you were lucky to get an opening. Great feeling to pull ******* a car like that. Well done!

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey
hmmmmmm.......modded car vs. stock car....sounds like what a modded mustang owner would say after beating a stock viper, ohhh wait, make that what a modded vette owner would say (Vipers are above the rustang).

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't post kills anymore, to many people on the board doubt you and say "no way could you have beat that car or bike." Anyways, nice kill! :D

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nicely done. :2tu:
One of the few I have not had the pleasure, you don’t see many.
Surprised no post mortems yet, usually these type of posts drag out the Quincy in many

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmmmm.......modded car vs. stock car....sounds like what a modded mustang owner would say after beating a stock viper, ohhh wait, make that what a modded vette owner would say (Vipers are above the rustang).

Who cares if his car is modified? Isn't that the point, to make your car faster? I don't recall him saying his car was 'better' than or Murc.., or a stock Viper is faster, or he spent less money to go faster, etc... Merely that he put a hurt'in on a awesome car, and had a blast in the process. Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who cares if his car is modified? Isn't that the point, to make your car faster? I don't recall him saying his car was 'better' than or Murc.., or a stock Viper is faster, or he spent less money to go faster, etc... Merely that he put a hurt'in on a awesome car, and had a blast in the process. Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

Yes, he was respectful in that sense, and so have a bunch of vette owners who have obliterated vipers.
And it always comes up 'anything can be made to go fast, it's still a vette'.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wheres the video??? kidding nice kill. always a great feeling toasting a quarter of a mill plus super car. i had a simliar experience with a ferrari modena spyder before the S/C on the LIE and it felt good. The kids in the ferrari where shocked. ha they should of bought a viper and bank the rest for their retirement.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh and by the way there was this blk/silver DLM viper that i smoked a few times too with 100RWHP less than him on the meadowbrook pkwy. i think that car is in HI now. :)

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't post kills anymore, to many people on the board doubt you and say "no way could you have beat that car or bike." Anyways, nice kill! :D

I know that always happends and its such B.S.

expect a post from Allanlambo any minute now lol.

nice kill

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc I'm reading the story and find it very similiar to mine.The only difference I was heading to CW Post with my Vett taking summer grad courses and a RX7 comes by. We go at it but the difference with your story and mine is I got busted a mile later from two state troopers chasing us.I always take 25A west going towards Cold Spring Harbor.It's a real nice road.Just have to watch those cops around there. I got 4 tickets . Went to a kangaroo court and pleaded guilty for the speeding ticket.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys need to check out the hurtin' the Lambo did on the stock SRT-10 in this months Road and Crack magazine. In the one mile test, the Lambo finished over 8 MPH faster (mostly due to aero, I think). There wasn't a difference in the 0-100 race (tied at 9.6 seconds) but in the 100-150 race, 11.7 to 14.6. That's what I call gettin' smoked. Most amazing award does go to a Viper, the Hennes*ey twin turbo does 100-150 in 4.7 seconds!

Mark, what speed would you say you topped out at before letting off? 3rd gear to redline pulls me past 120, I'm not sure what you're running for mods or gears.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, he was respectful in that sense, and so have a bunch of vette owners who have obliterated vipers.

YO G GARGOYLE why you bugging out dawg. Can I ask you something? Why were you making those dog sounds when you were on the Alley on that phone call to one of the members.I was always curious why you did that.

WAR YOU IZ A FREAKAZOID :eek:

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score

YO G GARGOYLE why you bugging out dawg. Can I ask you something? Why were you making those dog sounds when you were on the Alley on that phone call to one of the members.I was always curious why you did that.

WAR YOU IZ A FREAKAZOID :eek:

Let's see, I must have forgot to read the ending:

What a feeling! I dusted him so bad that he would not even come up near me for the next 2 miles until we went our separate ways. I know he shouldn't have come close to me anyway as my car is far from stock, but it still felt great to ****** the Murcielago.

wow (I say again) a modded car beat a stock car.
I bet I can walk faster than the Viper in question in the 1320.
Never mind that as soon as the light turns green I will pull a weapon that I guarantee will stop the Viper before the 660.
I will ****** it. :D I'm modded. :eek:

And YoT, I wasn't talking to a member.
And they weren't dog barkings, they were wolf howlings.
And it wasn't on the phone, it was on a video.
And it is something I always do after a kill.
Gotta love huntin'.

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Freak2,
Don't know what 3rd tops out at, I have 3.55 gears. I didn't check the speedo, too busy checking in front and my rear view, plus I like to keep an eye on my air fuel gauge when I'm pushing it.
Black, I basically get to go back and fourth 15 miles each way in relative traffic daily, so this was a treat! I also see and average of 3 cops along the way, but today I only saw 1 earlier.
As far as a modded car beating a stock one, I believe I addressed that in my 1st post. I'm a firm believer many cars with enough of the right mods could give my car a run for the money. I just hope I don't encounter one, because I don't have the time right now to pull my motor and make more changes.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now I'm driving the rest of the way to work wondering when the blood will return to my legs when a guy in a new pickup flags me down. He says "it was great how you trashed that thing, now that's American Muscle!"
Needless to say, that was a great start to a beautiful summer day.
That's the part that I can "feel" sitting here in my office!

That's the HIGH right there!

Nice post Marc!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who's to say the murci wasnt modded ? ? ?

Exactly! It might have had 750hp, but the driver couldn't handle it! :confused:

Nice job taking care of business! That's why we mod cars, so we don't have to care about what the other guy brings to the table! :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21