my $387.95 rock.....

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well a blue F-150 gave me a great present yesterday.... busted windshield :mad:

is this a good price?? Is it mopar glass? Anyone have any "dealings" with safelight?

:usa: Thanks! :usa:

You must be registered for see images

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. That's the exact reason why I put the windshield protection on.Cost $250 installed by my friend's shop.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now we all know where you are! Wichita.
Sorry to hear you lost a windshield, though. Price seems about right. If you search the site I'm sure Safelight will come up quite a few times.

OP
OP
C

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now we all know where you are! Wichita.
Sorry to hear you lost a windshield, though. Price seems about right. If you search the site I'm sure Safelight will come up quite a few times.

hahah only for a short time.... (wichita)

funny thing is that I was discussing this very topic with another VCA member (Darrell) about his chip in his winshield on Friday. and how hard they were to find... so I thought... seems pretty available from Safelight.

Found a post on the @lley that says they use Mopar glass... hmmm we'll see :eater:

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an Acura winshield replaced a few years ago. The aftermarket glass was fine. But, whatever they did to install it caused a lot of corrosion around the windshield that showed up 2 years later. I would watch the install, and make sure they are using Mopar materials.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. That's the exact reason why I put the windshield protection on.Cost $250 installed by my friend's shop.

I would love to hear more about this windshield protection. We go uo and down 95 every day to go to work and out windshield takes a beating. Any links or anything about this process?

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would love to hear more about this windshield protection. We go uo and down 95 every day to go to work and out windshield takes a beating. Any links or anything about this process?
I'll ask my buddy who installed the windshield protection and the X-Pel clear bra paint protection. I think X-Pel makes the windshield protection also but I'm not 100% sure. It is a 4 mil. thick material that goes on the outside of the windshield just like the paint protection. I know that Nascar uses it on their cars. Visibility through the windshield is perfect. :2tu:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price is good. RT and GTS windshields are different.

Safelite quoted me the same for mine, but 30 min before the scheduled appt called me back and said 'we can't locate that glass, but for $50 less you can have the MOPAR replacement glass'. That was a no-brainer. Not sure if you can specifically ask for that or not... But they did a good job.

JD

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used Safelite many times and each time was satisfied. Don't you have compensation on your insurance? What's the deductible? Comp claims do not go against you and you usually have a lower deductible than collision. Mine is $100. And my insurance company actually recommends the Safelite near me.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used Safelite many times and each time was satisfied. Don't you have compensation on your insurance? What's the deductible? Comp claims do not go against you and you usually have a lower deductible than collision. Mine is $100. And my insurance company actually recommends the Safelite near me.

Most people probably have $500 deductibles. However, ready you policy. Some carriers will offer $50 or $100 ded. for glass... But I agree with all other comments. Thats an incredible price for a shield....

I damaged the shield on my Z06 Corvette. It was $1,300. Some people quoted me over $2,000..

V

Venomiss

Let us know what you ended up for the windshield with and maybe take some pictures? It would be interesting to see.:eater:
Will they do it at your house(like they do for regular cars) or will you have to take it in and wait?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang