My car wont go into first gear sometimes...need some advice or input please

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been following these boards for quite sometime now, and i have finally purchased a 2004 SRT 10 with ultra low miles. Here are my problems. The car was purchased from someone who had the cam bolt done before delivery of the car. I am happy with that. The only problem is, once in a while, it is impossible for me to shift into first gear, or sometimes into second. It hasn't happened much, but i am quite paranoid. I have an appointment with the viper tech tomorrow, but i was wondering if any of you would know what the problem is? It only happens randomly, but when i am at a dead stop, the car does not want to go into first. I am having this checked, as well as a few other things while it is there.
any input will be appreciated

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I encounter the same thing occasionally. While sitting at a red light, if I go into neutral, and then try to get first gear when the light changes, it will occasionally (one time in 50 maybe) not want to go into first. No biggie - I just go into second instead and with all the torque the car rolls forward just like it's in first.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My car wont go into first gear sometimes...need some advice or input pl

Let the clutch out in neutral for an instant then give it a try.

OP
OP
F

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My car wont go into first gear sometimes...need some advice or input pl

Let the clutch out in neutral for an instant then give it a try.

yea, thanks guys. I find it to be a common occurence on SRT10's...and it doesn't happen often enough to be much of a concern to me. I was going to take it to the dealer, but I am reluctant now because i would rather avoid the nicks and scratches that could occur within it's occupancy at the dealership.