My Dad wrecked my Viper!

Gear Grabbn Gary

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have taken a lot of heat for not letting my son(28 yrs old)and others drive my 95 R/T 10. I am printing your post just to prove my point as to why I hesitate to let ANYONE drive my viper.
One picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Looks like a PartRack Donor for sure! Glad all were OK.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH MY GOD! He is very lucky that he did not get hurt. The gobs of torque this car has can get you.

Thanks to that low center of gravity the car remained upright. Imagine an SUV in that "ditch" - probably still be rolling as the driver frantically tried to continue eating and using the phone....

Glad they are all ok - and it looks like (?) your car can be fixed. Now lets see if we get a post from IEATVETTS on how never to let an irresponsible DAD loose with all that horsepower...
You must be registered for see images

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope your car was an organ donor.....it will be able to help many Vipers out there. Thank God they are fine. I can see that the roads were probably moist, causing an inexperienced Viper driver to fishtail. Wow.....Good luck on the next one....put a parachute on it this time

Sean 96 McViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch!!

Wow, glad everyone is ok!

I'm with "Gear Grabbn", I'm sending this pic to my brother so he understads why I wouldn't let him drive mine.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch... This is my nightmare every weekend.... Because I rent my GTS. I totally agree, scare the *hit out of them. I have a 45 minute orientation even before the driver sits in the car telling them about the do's and dont's. Bascally have to make them afraid of the car. There are so many things you can do wrong. Hope your insurance covers everything.....

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like your dad got in "a little deep" if you know what I mean...

Glad nobody got hurt, but sorry about your car.

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello people,
Just like everyone else here I to am glad no one was hurt. But if it were not for a Southern California Viper owner I NEVER would have driven one of these cars on the street. Before I borrowed his car I had had 2 years experence in the "roll booth" at CAAP. So I already knew what it was like to drive the viper and go through the gears. I'll NEVER forget Dann and his wounderful kids. We had a blast at VOI 5.

Thomas

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That hurts just looking at it. That is a lot of horsepower for most people. I would never think of nailing my Viper mid corner in ANY gear. Just glad he is okay.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, a very rare sighting of The lesser striped Dodgy Red snake, not normally found in the foliage or jungle!

At least your Dad survived the "Magic carpet ride"...sorry to hear your snake didn't quite so well. How did you get it out of there?

There was a guy at VOI6, who, on his way there shifted down into 3rd and hit 1st by mistake...he spun off a cliff edge, luckily both him and his Mrs survived, unscathed to tell the tale.

My Viper's a one-woman only snake when it comes to driving!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a very rare occasion when I let someone drive my Vipers. I let my brother drive my RT/10 at VOI 6. My brother is the most sensible guy around and I knew he wouldn't do anything bad. I let a friend drive it when I had to get bailed out of a Georgia jail but I was in the car with him.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for ya. Your ins. co. will have a hard time finding comps to determine the value so you should be prepared to show them as many Vipers for sale and sold at as high of a price as you can find.
Good luck and look forward to the next one!
Steve

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****. Hey, if it's totaled out, do you get to strip it and keep the parts, or are they just sold by the insurance company to help offset the price of replacement?

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much for 16 year old kids being the only reckless drivers on the road! Very sorry to hear about your Viper.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The insurance process is a negotiation. They have to replace the
car or fix it to the way it was (imposible).
Show them what they are going for on this forum (clasifieds)as
they are not in the blue book. I would think a 98 GTS in good
shape very low miles (for all they know) you may be able to
get in the low 60's. The insurance increase will be the same no
matter what they give you for it.
Get what you can and move on.
Good luck,
Steve

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear nobody was hurt!

One of our members loaned out his '96 GTS, it got wrapped around a telephone pole, wheel base on one side one FOOT shorter than the other, passenger was badly hurt. You should hear the lecture/advice I give EVERY new/prospective Viper owner I talk to. Shouldn't it go on the Drivers (Dads) insurance though? In the accident I mentioned I seem to recall the owners insurance company got "reimbursed" by the drivers insurance company. Maybe different regs in AR vs your state?

If you could do me a favor and email me your VIN so I can add it to the "Damaged Viper VIN list".

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me about this is that this story could have read "16 year old kid crashes dad's Viper" and everyone would have been slaming him for not knowing the time and the place for goofing off. Funny how nobody is telling him to take it to the track, or "don't give Viper owner's a bad image". I'm glad to hear no one was injured. It was probably very tramatic for your father to be sliding down the hill. Let him know it's ok. It's just a car, it can be replaced.peace out,dj

Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen. Didn't even think about it, but so true.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Jenkins:
The thing that bothers me about this is that this story could have read "16 year old kid crashes dad's Viper" and everyone would have been slaming him for not knowing the time and the place for goofing off. Funny how nobody is telling him to take it to the track, or "don't give Viper owner's a bad image". I'm glad to hear no one was injured. It was probably very tramatic for your father to be sliding down the hill. Let him know it's ok. It's just a car, it can be replaced.peace out,dj

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960