My dealer paid for my VCA membership

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a letter today from the dealership (Zangara Dodge) that I bought my SRT-10 from, stating that they've paid for my membership to the VCA and a subscription to Viper magazine. Wasn't expecting any of that :2tu:

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad the little things in life make you happy!

ps. all new Viper purchases come with 1 yr. VCA membership and mag. DC pays, not the dealer.

OP
OP
O

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's funny :D they sent me this nice letter explaining how I was a valued customer and they wanted to show their appreciation by paying for the membership (never even mentioned DC in the letter). Man, I was getting all excited about something I was getting free anyway! Just noticed the postmark is from Monroe Township??? (definately not in New Mexico). I guess it doesn't take much to get me excited :p

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Actually, everyone's correct!

The "First year Free" program (internally known as COOL), if I understand correctly, is funded BY the dealer through some type of Dodge controlled dealer marketing fund.

So, THANK YOU to ALL the dealers AND Dodge for making our first year of ownership an event that is hard to forget!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually YOU paid for it in the price of your car!! "customer refered package"- $250 remember there are no options available on these cars. NOTHING IS FREE!

Toddh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my dealership was going to pocket the dough (if that's possible). I had to badger them for about 9 months and finally multiple calls to the VCA folks at Dodge got my initial year taken care of.

Car dealers? I agree. Generally I could live without them. It's interesting that in the Great State of Texas it's illegal for a manufacturer to sell an automobile directly to a customer. A Texas dealer is mandated by law for purchases inside the state.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok i was wrong about the fee on the sticker but it is built into the price of the car somewhere there is a marketing/ promotional charge. but it is like everthing else the customer always pays for it somehow. no i am not saying there is anything wrong with it. but if the customer pays for the car to the dealer and the dealer pays for the membership. Who really pays for the membership?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry just checked the old order sheet "DaimlerChrysler owner loyalty mail" program $100 line item on the sheet. see you did pay your own way!