My friend put the fire on his Viper going to VOI

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guy,

Story to laugh that could have ended very said. My friend has a 800hp Viper that runs the 1/4 mi with NOS in 9.8sec. This is a real street friendly beast. He is taking this Viper to attend VOI 10. However in order to pack the 3 bags of his wife he removed the NOS bottle. The trunk was packed to the roof.

My friend lives deep in the Canadian North. So he already left early this morning to come to Montreal for an over night stay. Half way the road his wife smells something burning. 10 minutes later the cockpit was plenty of smoke so they decided to stop. They start to remove things from the trunks and they realize that the trunk is on fire. First my friend starts blaming his wife for the cigarettes that she smokes in the Viper. After removing the first layer of bags the fire starts on with real flames coming out from the trunk. The air that the read hot bags got was enough to ignite the fire. Fortunately they had a extinguisher so they quickly put out the flames. Once all the bags were removed they realized that the fire was started by the heating system of the NOS. In fact the heating blanket burned out a whole 18x10 in the trunk!

The bags burnt so severely and smelt so bad that we had to leave them along the highway. I will post a picture later of the damaged trunk ... :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth