My New 2002 Fe Is 1 Hour Away

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dwight nailed it - Zaino and only Zaino. A coat of Z2 every 6 months or so is all she needed (including the wheels).

The big trick for me with this GTS was that it was never wet. Ever. Never washed once.

It was a sunny day toy only and I wouldn't even drive her in windy conditions if she was going to be parked anyplace.

Less dust, less dirt = less detailing and towel markings.

She would get dusted every 2 or 3 weeks with a California Car Duster, then wiped down with 100% cotton towels from Griots Garage and Z6 spray. That's it really. Kept under a nice car cover when she sat for more than 4 days or so.

I'm in the process of selling an '04 Lingenfelter Z06 427 Twin Turbo and she's black - I used the same steps on her from day one and she has stayed the same way. Black is a ***** though and even just fine dust from sitting in the garage would drive me nuts.

Sal Z. has received a lot of my money over the years, that is safe to say. :)

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know some folks are probably wondering why I changed my mind back again...and let me tell you, I am so happy that I found the RIGHT owner for the car with Dwight. I could not have found anyone else I would want to adopt my baby and that meant more to me than the money or anything to do with the deal.

Well, last month, my dad and I finished the '69 Camaro we've been building for almost 8 years now. I had thought about selling it when it was done (anyone who has been through a build-up of that magnitude knows the frustration and depression that can go along with it) but when it was done, it was obvious to me that I could never sell her with as much of my dad in it as there is. She's a part of the family now - my dad is in every detail of that car and always will be. Even when he's not with me any longer, he'll be in that cockpit with me anytime I want to see him or talk to him.

I'll post details on the beast someday soon, but some quick specs include full Global West C5 suspension, Wilwoods, so much custom stuff we could open a shop prodicing aftermarket stuff for the '69 crowd and an amazing 460ci fuel injected motor that produces 703 normally aspirated horsepower. Torque is a little lower at 550 but is flat from 1700 to redline at 500+.

Here are some pics from last month - we entered it into a show (my dad is a Superformance/Roush dealer in Boise, Idaho and he had a Cobra in the show to promote the biz). The '69 took second place in the 'Pro-Touring' class. Not bad considering she didn't have fluids in her even at that point (that was how down to the wire it was for the show!)

And a pic of my dad's demo Cobra...I spent most of my time at the show keeping her clean and wiping away drool (haha) - she was a blast to drive...I thought the Viper was raw but that Roush 427 screaming out the side pipes was SOMETHING ELSE. I arrived very skeptical of it being a "kit car" but this thing had better build quality than most of the cars in my stable - it was outstanding. To call it a kit car is a crime really - these things are amazing for the money. I almost bought a red+white one from my pops to go with the FE. :D

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave