My New Racing Shoes!

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with Nike's, and that accounts for half my shoes, is the fact that they hang the other pedals and I can't feel it happening with my foot. My damn foot is just too big. :( With these I can FEEL was is going on . Diggin it lots. I am not worried about how they look.

Heres mine, and if you cant see what they say its, VIPER on the left shoe and 77 on the right.:2tu:

Go to nike they make custom shoes in what ever color you want. And you can put text on the back of what ever you want.

I think I would actually be interested in custom shoes while driving my car long distances... not so much if I'm just driving around town obviously... Do you guys all have the stock pedals? or do you have aftermarket ones.. I was considering aftermarket, but wasn't sure if they would be better on the feet.. :dunno:

I like the fact you can customize the nike tho....

OP
OP
F

FrgMstr

I think I would actually be interested in custom shoes while driving my car long distances... not so much if I'm just driving around town obviously... Do you guys all have the stock pedals? or do you have aftermarket ones.. I was considering aftermarket, but wasn't sure if they would be better on the feet.. :dunno:

I like the fact you can customize the nike tho....

I have stock pedals. If anyone has some other recommendation, I am all toes.....er ears.....ears.

alice the cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are nice. I have 2 pairs of Fila Skeletoes that are similar but $59. I use them to workout but have found I like driving with them as well as riding my motorcycle on hot days. Its nice to feel whats going on. I hear the Vibrams are the best but I like my skeletoes. I have 2 pairs because they need to be washed between workouts and take a while to dry. I believe in function over fashion in my footwear.

Fingers Fila Men's SkeleToes Shoes | eBay

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm a protection freak, but I can't imagine getting into a wreak wearing those things. I believe in helmets, and well not protecting your feet seems equally foolish.

Besides that, I'd rate those right along with Birkenstocks. Their is no way in h......................................................................., but hey if they work for you.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I searched out the Nike custom shop based on Viperracer's suggestion. I actually found a style that does ressemble a driving show - actually its a soccer shoe for wood floors, no cleats...and they have a wide size offering. Did my red thing with black accents and have VIPER on the back of the shoe.

Here is the site where the shoe is...tried to re-do the red, not sure it will come out, regardless you can do your own colors. Page has a rotate feature so you can see all parts of shoe:

NIKEiD

Not sure like will work, so the site is NikeID.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally figured out how to get the picture of the Nike shoe on here. Originally did red with black accents, but that means I can only wear when driving the RT. So, I switched to black with red accents and red "VIPER" on the back. At least that way I can wear with jeans sometimes!

You must be registered for see images attach

It's close to a driving shoe, as it has a smooth sole and rounded up at the heel like most driving shoes. Best of all, it comes in a wide width! Using Nike ID, you can pick any color, even do "slow yellow" with black accents if you have a Bumble Bee!

But again, credit goes to Viperracer77 for letting us know about it....thanks!:2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Pete, those are nice! I wanted Puma's, but they only make their shoes in regular widths. The only one's I could find are the ones from Nike, their not driving shoes but they are as close to a driving shoe as I can find with wide widths...the bottoms are very similar to the Pumas.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Pete, those are nice! I wanted Puma's, but they only make their shoes in regular widths. The only one's I could find are the ones from Nike, their not driving shoes but they are as close to a driving shoe as I can find with wide widths...the bottoms are very similar to the Pumas.

Thanks, I need wide shoes too. I'm hoping they stretch! :D

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're leather, so need time to stretch. Can take them to the shoe maker and have them stretch them out for you. I know if the shoes are tight, my feet will kill me.:(

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can also try wrestling shoes. They're thin, lightweight and have good ankle support.
Plus, they don't look like well......you know.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to do kickboxing among other things and had wrestling/boxing shoes, but never found a shoe that was wide widths. That is the main issue with all these shoes and too painful to get a regular width. But...thanks for the suggestion!:headbang:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I showed the black Nike's to my wife and she said she didn't care which ones...because "you're not wearing them anywhere other than driving the car"! So, question is, if you had a red Viper, which shoe would you buy just for driving the car?

The RED:

The BLACK:

I'll wait to see what everyone says before ordering...just curious....

Thanks!

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If nothing else, since these are red, I will go slower.

You must be registered for see images

Fixed it for ya. :smirk:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, thanks Andrew....that REALLY helped answer the question!:crazy2:

Judging by the yellow "Virbram" logo, looks to me like your big toes will have a lot of work keeping up the the rest of you (red) piggies!:D

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CostanZo....this is for you!

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I showed the black Nike's to my wife and she said she didn't care which ones...because "you're not wearing them anywhere other than driving the car"! So, question is, if you had a red Viper, which shoe would you buy just for driving the car?

The RED:

The BLACK:

I'll wait to see what everyone says before ordering...just curious....

Thanks!

Ordered the red ones! About 20-24 days to delivery:D

You didn't give me time to post what I thought you should buy?!!! :(

lol, I didn't notice your post this weekend.. BUT....I would have went with the red too, so good choice :D

CostanZo....this is for you!

I do like these! I think they would look better being a lighter blue to match my car tho.. do they make them in dif color blues? Also..how much?! ;)

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try this one...lighter blue:

NIKEiD

Did "VIPER" on the back in light blue!

Cost is about $110, about $128 with shipping/tax.

OP
OP
F

FrgMstr

Still digging the Vibrams, there is no way you could have better pedeal feel and control than you do with the Vibrams.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, not technically driving shoes. But, for me, I also need wide width and this is the closest to driving shoes that also offers me the extra width. Plus, I can customize to the color combination I want AND have it personalized with the word "VIPER" on the back! All good for $128 or so.

hybrid1098

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those are similar to the barefoot running trend silently sweeping the nation. It's supposed to help you run on the balls of you're feet as opposed to you're heel which transmits impact to you're knees, then to the lower back.

It's very functional and very comfortable (think gloves to mittens) but if you were to use them for driving, it would be very suitable as you can directly feel the pedals much easier and being that the GEN 2 has no deadpedal to feel, the more necessary.

Anyway you are one hairy dude.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang