My Newly Painted 1997 GTS

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My digital camera died, but I did get a picture taken. It's now 2001 GTS Sapphire Blue w/ 18" OEM wheels. If you notice, the writing on the side is still my old Viper Red, just for old time sake. Here you all go...
You must be registered for see images

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

VERY nice.

How much did the paint job cost and did they remove the panels and trim pieces for painting?

No overspray?

Luc
00GTs

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Looks like they did a really nice job, very smooth looking, and probably better than the factory paint. My factory paint has so many ripples, I think the body panels were made with the "RTM" method, standing for "Ripple Transfer Molded" process.

Anyway, yours looks first rate. So tell us, how much did you pay?

OP
OP
S

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why it was painted:

An Isuzu Rodeo changed lanes at 15 MPH and paid me a vist damaging the hood, front facia, and right front pannel. All were replaced and needed to be repainted (original red). Insurance was going to cover $3k of the paint job and for another $2200.00, I could have the car totally repainted.

So, I repainted it something I really wanted, Sapphire Blue! I had it done by Concord Auto Body here in St. Louis, MO. They do all our body work/painting on all our cars (my family). They do as good of a job as I've ever seen.

I couldn't ask for better, my paint job is BEAUTIFUL and 100% perfect. Now I just have to keep those nicks off!

OP
OP
S

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way...

They removed all the panels when they painted, so it's as if nothing ever existed below the Sapphire. Only a professional could tell that my car has been repainted. No overspray!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather