My opinion

viperracer77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been reading all the post on the new viper since it came out. A lot of use either love it or hate it. But then there are those of us (like me) who are on the fence about this new snake. I believe those of use who truly love the viper as a car have to agree on that the main reason we love it so much is because it's a bare bones thrill ride. It was a oversized engine with a steering wheel and four wheels. And if you couldn't handle it, it would show you it's fangs. And no other car that came out was that simple. Every other car maker was putting technology into there cars to make them easier to drive and more comfortable. Now I know that with our "great government", SRT had to put in the traction control and stability control. But why put in USB ports, u connect, a place for my iPad, and for gods sake plastic engine covers. And I can understand that now a days people want navigation and creater conferts, but that's not what the Viper is. We didn't need another Ferrari or Porsche type of car. We needed another bare bones thrill ride that only the Viper delivered. Is it a great car, without a doubt. But is it a Viper, no.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bottom line is they need to sell more of them. By they did not forget the Viper faithful and that's why they made two versions of this fantastic car. Now...all the plastic on the engine I could do without as well but they made the thing 25lbs lighter and in the same process got us 40 more HP and 40 more tq. It's hard to argue with that. :)

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been reading all the post on the new viper since it came out. A lot of use either love it or hate it. But then there are those of us (like me) who are on the fence about this new snake. I believe those of use who truly love the viper as a car have to agree on that the main reason we love it so much is because it's a bare bones thrill ride. It was a oversized engine with a steering wheel and four wheels. And if you couldn't handle it, it would show you it's fangs. And no other car that came out was that simple. Every other car maker was putting technology into there cars to make them easier to drive and more comfortable. Now I know that with our "great government", SRT had to put in the traction control and stability control. But why put in USB ports, u connect, a place for my iPad, and for gods sake plastic engine covers. And I can understand that now a days people want navigation and creater conferts, but that's not what the Viper is. We didn't need another Ferrari or Porsche type of car. We needed another bare bones thrill ride that only the Viper delivered. Is it a great car, without a doubt. But is it a Viper, no.

Unfortunately, if you want the Viper to continue on into GEN VI and beyond, you have to appeal to a larger customer base. Is the GEN V a Viper??? Heck yes it is! My 01 Viper has AC, a stereo with a CD player, power windows, and naturally heated seats! GEN 1 guys probably think my late GEN II is a luxury car. In 2001 when Navigation wasn't available it had a pretty decent stereo for its time. Well like it or not, CD's are rapidly becoming a thing of the past so having a USB port is the future. A place for your Ipad is just a sign of the times since they are rapidly replacing laptops. Would you rather they put in the historically crappy stock Chrysler audio system so it becomes more "viper"? To me this is like the same argument about drinking a beer vs. a mixed drink. You aren't a man if you drink a mixed drink which tastes better and more alcohol but for some reason it is girly. The 96 GTS was like a shot of whiskey... no luxuries, just straight to the point. The GEN V GTS is like a Long Island Iced Tea... it has more goodies, tastes a lot better but will still get you hammered just as quick. In order for the Viper to survive, it must evolve. The awesome thing is there are 4 previous generations for guys like yourself who want the raw feeling of the Viper.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21