My poor iForged wheel takes a shot...

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, yeah I know I live in a Redneck, Whiskey-Tango State (Oklahoma)

I am so fed up with living around **** - and here is just another reason why...

My wife wants some Rotisserie Chicken from KFC - so I take the Viper through the drive thru. Lined up behind other cars as expected. When I approach the intercom to order I hear a HUGE scrape and feel a pothole. I am IMMEDIATELY pissed.
You must be registered for see images

Here are the pictures of the pothole and my poor iForged front drivers wheel. I know it's going to be a hassle trying to get KFC to fix it - It has already been called in. I actually don't want it fixed, I want a new wheel to save me the hassle of taking in my car and leaving it somewhere for a couple of days while the wheel gets 'fixed'... I'll let you guys know how KFC handles this so that if any of you have problems in the future you'll know what to expect...

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could fix that with an hour or two's sanding and polishing, if the pic shows the whole extent of the damage. Seriously.

Last edited:

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You have iForged rims on your Kia? That hot thing eats Rotisserie from KFC? This is a diet plan she should be selling man!

All kidding aside, that *****!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch. If KFC won't pay the bill, there's a local place who repaired my front wheels ("mint condition wheels" which were really beat to hell POS wheels bought off Ebay from Bobby Sherman of Shrub Oak, NY. Email is [email protected] ) which were a gazillion times worse for $40 each! If worse comes to worse, ship the wheel to me, I'll take it to them, they'll repair it in a day or 2 and I'll ship it back. I'll need to be sure they can handle the size though. I think my stock 17" wheel was about as big as their machine could handle due to the 10" width.

You have iForged rims on your Kia?

Thats a Hyundai Sonata. I'm not sure why I know that, but I'm not proud of it :D

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the Iforged wheels have a clear on them? If not you can sand that out yourself.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^^^^Screw all that ^^^^^^

Get 1 kilo of peroxide and 1/2 liter of anhydrous ammonia. PM me for the accelerant. You'll need a disposable vehicle too. Z06's are useless and easy to get. Yank the passenger seat for cargo space.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
never go through a drivethru in a viper. ever. plus I hate KFC anyway so I'd never be there anyway. :)

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with getting a new wheel. I seriously doubt the will give you one... it would be like asking for a new car because you got a scratch on the hood. It will be an easy fix...

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
they are liable and should pay to have it fixed. doubt they will buy a new one but at least they will foot the bill for the fix.

OP
OP
O

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the offers to help, guys.

I have found a good wheel shop here local that buffed out my other GTS's wheels and will use them...

I'm just still bummed about the PITA to mess with getting it fixed.

rvf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OKViper -

I don't think it's going to look right after the repair, I think you should just sell me the car and start over. :2tu:

Ryan

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now you see if it was Corvette, this wouldn't have happened.
Vipers have no built in fool-proofness. Worse in the earlier models.

It's the reason why there are so many low mileage Vipers out there, but that's what separates the men from the boys!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sure as heck hope you will get things resolved without having to resort to calling a lawyer. I had an accident with my car two weeks ago which might get a very nasty tail in court if the outright lies (read: complete denial of his guilt) told by the extremely agressive idiot who caused it will be believed by the insurance company...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang