My Super Charger Experience (Heffners)

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All.

Now I get to say a few words about my Viper Super Charger experience! After several tuning sessions, and help from MSD, I now finally have a tuned, dependable and fricking fast Viper.

Great thanks go to Jason Heffner for the fine tune job on my 00 GTS Stage 1 Super Charged Viper. MSD just came out with a boost retard made for the Viper and V10 applications. Along with the Dytech piggyback computer I was able to get rid of the Ron Brown programmed computer that had way to many degrees of timing taken out, and run a stock computer and with the boost retard add back in the timing that was lost.

The best benefit form today's tuning session was to get the drivability back. Sending the computer back and forth to Brown was not a very fun experience, and it was never right. the car would surge and stumble, but Jason was able to dial in the boost retard, and air/fuel and it is like driving a stock Viper, bust with STEROIDS!!!!

The results were 588 Rear Wheel HP, and 620 Lbs of Torque. Not to bad for a motor that has a Vortec S Trim (5 lbs of boost made at 5800 rpm), T&D rockers and TNT full exhaust from headers to tips. I did have Ross (Forged) pistons built for the motor, my Hyperatecjunk pistons had a failure. One of the pistons lost a ring land, and it was better to just put forged pistons in.

Having an in shop dyno at Heffners made all the difference, Jason was able to make what ever mods he needed and retune without having wait for dyno time and road rage trying to get to the dyno.

Jason, much thanks for you help and tuning ability. I will be at the track hopefully next Sunday!

If anyone wants to see pictures or dyno sheets, please let me know!

Mark

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a beast Mark! Glad your happy with it! Those superchargers are awesome aren't they! TOTAL stock drive until you want it to come on!!!

Regards,
Gerald

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go Mark! Look forward to seeing the beast next Sunday at MIR!

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GaryA:
Way to go Mark! Look forward to seeing the beast next Sunday at MIR!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys are going to MIR and did not even tell me
crying.gif
Let me know if u guys are going, i would like to test my BTR650 set up.
Plus, i am waiting for ur kit to come in Gary, keep me updated.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mash!

Come on out to MIR! I thought you already knew about next Sunday at 9am (1 week from today). Call Jason, he's setting it up. Sounds like we're going to have an interesting mix of cars.

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark Did u get to the track yet? Your car sounds awsome.588 RWH!
smile.gif
I would love to go to the track and race some of u guys. ( Not u Mark that thing is crazy!)All the Vipers I race must be slow or maybe im just lucky.So let me know when u guys go to the track. I will make sure my wife dose not need her car.All IN good fun.

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark.....We have met in manasess at BK.........I have the 550 HP Vette.
smile.gif

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 240 cool
cool.gif
We will should meet up......Maybe at my buddys backyard bar and grill.Jamei F. knows were it is.Maybe we can get him to go to.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
550 vette didn't you run a stock viper at chubbys last year in manassas in your rippie vette and got ripped by JFurman? I am not talking any trash just pointing out all the vipers you ran were not slow.I am not sure but I think that experience might have led you to lingenfelter.

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol...U did rip me a new 1.....The Vette was only a 12.3 car at 112 MPH when we ran. My buddy has the car now if u want to get a smack down by it.
tongue.gif
When are u going to bring that car out on some street tire. We have a great spot to run at.Dont listen to Rob and Fredey my car is not as fast as they say.lol but u know that.When are we going to rent the track?..Jamie it all in good fun...Have a good New Years guys
smile.gif