NARRA (North American Racing Series)

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As many of you know my passion for selling cars falls deeper than just selling vehicles I am passionate about. Back in 99=02 I raced with my friends of present and past (Mumford God Rest His Soul) in the Viper Race League which is home to the Michelin Challange Series a very impressive driving school, which all of you know very well. This Series has now changed hands and is called NARRA (North American Road Racing Association). Skip is and will still be around but The Series was purchased at the end of 2008 and is changing to open it's arena. With a board of directors and new management the Series is going to open up to other performance vehicles still maintaining the highest level of safety as a school to help teach the art of car control. It is the hopes that with the schedule (below) it might allow for some of our beloved Viper Enthuisiasts and track rats to come out and learn to drive your car in a controlled environment the driving school or even the race group for the more experienced drivers at the events. The schedule was sent out yesterday and I have copied it for those who have an interest below.If you are not familiar with any of the tracks they are easily google accessible.
It has the same principals in the school with Instructors and different groups based on experience, but the Race Series will be working with well name venues to create a larger play ground. I will be happy to share the person to speak with if the schedule below looks as it will work with anyone's schedule. I will also be running a factory built race car which I have pictured below for those who just want to come out and play.

Lastly the web site will go live in a couple of weeks for those that enjoy racing and are interested in learning more:
NARRA or check out my web site for more information, I will have a racing tab on my web page for those who want more information BJ Motors - Used Dodge Vipers for Sale, Performance and Exotic Sports Car Wholesaler . If anyone needs a car I have four great GT's in stock and ready for new home's. Had to throw the plug in......

2009 Schedule:

2009 SCHEDULE
Feb 20 – 22 Button Willow
Mar 27 - 29 Heartland Park
Apr 24-26 Sebring
May 15 – 17 Brainerd
June 5 – 7 Gingerman
July 10 – 12 Mosport
Aug 7 – 9 Putnam Park
Aug 28 – 30 TWS
Sep 25 -27 Roebling Road
Oct 23-25 Hallett
NARRA will run all three days of the event.

Comp_Coupe_022DSCN0672.jpg

You must be registered for see images

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't blame em' Brad. West Coast attendence has significantly dropped off the past several years. Will be nice to see everyone at Buttonwillow in a few months.

OP
OP
B

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question I know it sounds crazy, but what if you could have your car transported by a reputable transportation company and delivered to the track at a reasonable rate, and you could do a arrive and drive, somewhat like many did for VOI.I know it sounds farfetched but the biggest problem has always been locality, transportation. Plane tickets in advance are pretty reasonable, if the costs to transport, fly race or drive could all be incorporated what that help with locality? If the schedules are out enough in advance and people could budget for the school, it might help. Just throwing out some ideas that have been discussed. Anyway remember this is year one with the new owners and from what I hear changes are inevitable, I believe with good intentions during our recession. Personally I have to find a way to release my stress.

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't blame em' Brad. West Coast attendence has significantly dropped off the past several years. Will be nice to see everyone at Buttonwillow in a few months.

Jonathan,

I am going to make a very hard push to get our club to participate at Buttonwillow this year. It being the only Viper Days event this year I hope we can get a bunch of memebers to go. I will definitely be there.

Brad

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds like a great idea. Bernie can i post a pix of my CC that's for sale on your thread ?

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie, By the picture you posted is it safe to assume that you will racing with us again this year? If so I may not be as nice to aviod "T" boning you like I did last year when you were in Ben's car. Assuming that you will be in the GT-C class as the decal depics. If in the GT-MC I will do my best to avoid you, after all I don't like yellow cars thats why I painted mine. Plus that fact it has the WRONG NUMBER on it, I beleive that the number 7 has already been taken or at least 007 has been taken. I heard that your cars seem to be about two feet widered than most race cars, I guess that I means I wil just have to stay IN FRONT OF YOU ALL YEAR.

MY right foot is starting to twitch just at the thought of the season starting up again.

All kidding aside it will be nice to see you back at the track.

Steve

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo Bernie,
I know it probably came down to $$$, but please get the principles to re-think subtracting Virginia International Raceway from the sched. Not only is it arguably the best track on the East Coast its damn near close to your Auto Taj Mahal. My contingent usually accounts for 10-15 drivers each year. (Last couple of years the task of rounding up the boys for group-rates has fallen on a friend named Matt Downey).

In any event, best of luck guys.

PS - Nice new Comp Coupe and color choice. Its always nice when a driver proactively flies the "caution flag". Saves with having to find it waving in a flag station.

Smart move buying a car that looks like a really big caution flag.

OP
OP
B

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, thank you for your acknowledging my return. The 7 will be permanetly deminshed by the time our first race in February. The color was perfect for me as I needed to be seen by the corner workers as I am in he midst of my loop to loops. Also it relates to a canary as it flies graciously. The car is 2.75" wider (cheater)that is for better side force not down force but it is neeeded so when you pass me or when I try and pass you damage to my yellow canary is minimal.
I can not agree more with the foot twitching and am really looking forward to the friendships and commorodity again next year.
Frank you may post your car for sale. Actually I offered and will get it here and sell it for you.
Regarding VIR, I wish this decision was different and we are working to return in 2010. The schedule was generated for 09 with availability first, it was not about the financial aspect as I voted to have finals there, I like our home track and will keep my fingers crossed that a date might open for us to return.
Anyway with our economy in turmoil, this will be a great way to get away mentally from the day to day pressures and enjoy the people and places. I would encourage anyone who would like to attend any events to call me or call Rick Girrard who is heading up the series this year to see if we can get your car delivered where you can arrive and drive.
I hope everyone has a healthy, prosperous and great Holiday and New Year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank I will bring that up at the next meeting, also if you have any other suggestions let me know. Frank give me a call on my new number when you get a chance 804-399-0477.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty disappointing for us west coasters. Only one event :(

Same thoughts here. Down from 3 last year; but, then again, turn-out was low. I think it could be higher if the regional clubs talked it up more.

I am looking forward to hear whether the format or rules will change for the run groups. I very much enjoyed the way Viper Days track time was set up, making me feel safe on the track.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a shame there are no North East tracks represented :( We have some great tracks here : Watkins Glen, Summit (if they repave),New Jersey Motor Sports Park, Lime Rock, Pocono etc.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie - just got the schedule yesterday. Gotta say I too am bummed out about the lack of a VIR event.

Just loan me that yellow CC for a weekend and we'll call it even ;-)

OP
OP
B

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Indeed, I've never owned a car that has received so much attention, and therefore, compliments to your team.

By Cindi comment the car I'm guessing was one from thier stable? Hopefully you guys will come out and play with us in the NARRA Series for the upcoming year.

KWilliams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NARRA (North American Road Racing Association)

Please let me explain how the 2009 NARRA and Viper Days schedule came to be. As you read above, NARRA purchased Viper Days in late November. The deal was finalized after most of the premium tracks were booked for 2009.

VIR: We intended to hold an event at VIR in 2009 but were unable to get a 3 day weekend. We've talked with the track manager and plan to be back at VIR in 2010. Roebling Road is on the schedule in September though so come out and join us there.

California was also booked up by the time we began the process. We had planned to hold 2 CA events but were only able to secure a date at Button Willow.
We always have a great time in California and recognize it as an important market for us so hang in there and we'll work on 2 events for '010. Make plans to attend the Button Willow event 2/20-22.

Kansas Our midwest customers pushed for more events in the middle part of the country and we're hopeful the weather gods will be kind to us in March.

The NARRA format will be very similar to the Viper Days events you are familar with. The emphasis is on driver education along with a competitive component and plenty of track time.

Thank you for the support we've received. We hope you plan to attend a NARRA event and bring a friend along. Check NARRAonline.com for more info. Online registration will be available soon.

Kevin Williams
General Manager
NARRA/Viper Days

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By Cindi comment the car I'm guessing was one from thier stable? Hopefully you guys will come out and play with us in the NARRA Series for the upcoming year.

Yes, I bought Scotty's car. It's the best vehicle purchase I ever made. Their cars were proven, reliable, safe, and both Cindi and Scotty are exceptional individuals. My goal is to eventually purchase a Comp. Coupe, but I can't envision ever parting with my T1 car.

Cindi Lux

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You just never know what might happen. I would love to come out and play with you guys. Looks like fun.

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe someday we will have to do a trade. Those T1 cars were awesome to drive. Be careful of what you wish for! :2tu:

Hope to see you soon.

Cindi

Tanya and I definitely plan to attend at least 1-2 World Challenge events this year, so we'll look for you. If we can help in 2009, please let us know. Trade......hmmmmmm. I'm always open to interesting ideas.

Cindi Lux

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tanya and I definitely plan to attend at least 1-2 World Challenge events this year, so we'll look for you.
I hope things work out and we can run again next year. Will know more in 3 weeks.

But Tanya has a standing invite ANYTIME to help out again as my flag barrier. I love her enthusiasm towards vipers! It was cool having her out on the track with me.

Happy New Years. :kazoo:

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope things work out and we can run again next year. Will know more in 3 weeks.

But Tanya has a standing invite ANYTIME to help out again as my flag barrier. I love her enthusiasm towards vipers! It was cool having her out on the track with me.

Happy New Years. :kazoo:

Happy New Year, and I hope your news in 3 weeks is awesome news. We hear people say it all the time that they are fortunate to have great husbands/wives and I am truly one of these. I wish I had a video camera when a certain white car pulled a questionable maneuver going into Turn 1. I've never seen Tanya get so emotional and mad at someone before! She loves Vipers, and perhaps too much because she's hiding the ACR keys. If you would not mind, please drop me a line when you no more about 2009.

Cindi Lux

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I had a video camera when a certain white car pulled a questionable maneuver going into Turn 1. I've never seen Tanya get so emotional and mad at someone before! She loves Vipers, and perhaps too much because she's hiding the ACR keys.

That is why I think she is soooo cool. Next time when she is my flag person, she can hit that certain car with her Viper flag pole on grid. She has my permission! :lmao:

Hey, we are doing a full roll cage right now on a new ACR Viper in our shop. Pretty cool piece. The owner is from Canada and he is a really cool dude. So if you know of anybody who needs a cage in their ACR, we are going to do a few more this year.

Will keep in touch.

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE] Hey, we are doing a full roll cage right now on a new ACR Viper in our shop. Pretty cool piece. The owner is from Canada and he is a really cool dude. So if you know of anybody who needs a cage in their ACR, we are going to do a few more this year.

Will keep in touch.[/QUOTE]

I know of one owner who might be interested, and I'll speak with him on Friday. If pics become available I'd be interested in seeing them. I've gone back and forth on this topic for my ACR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
molgera