Need a gen 2 pcm!!!

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 98 gts with what i believe to be a detuned euro pcm. I have been told that a 96-98 will work and possibly some others. Anyone got an extra that they are looking to get rid off?

OP
OP
W

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to save some money and avoid having to drop that much money on a new pcm when a used one should do.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry I've been chatting to my 'viper tech' you cant straight swap a 2000 onwards PCM into your car (they have a different cam), the PCM is programmed with different cam/timing overlaps and would cause all sorts of problems for you.

I'm not sure about re-programming, maybe you could just send yours away

By all accounts the swapping the euro PCM to a US on its own is only worth about 10bhp, apprantly the euro PCM's are setup slightly different due to a difference in octane ratings. If you decided to go ahead with a earlier US PCM, you will also need a simm kit to turn off the check engine light on the dash

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The simms are only required on 2000 and later cars if you don't have cats. I'm assuming this is the reason for the simm Neil? You may be able to get away with a 99 PCM, PM me if you want it. :2tu:

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2001 PCM that was programmed by West Coast Viper. They didn't change the tuning maps because I originally planned to use it with a VEC2, but did kill some of the unwanted stuff like the skip-shift, O2 heatup and downstream 02 codes (so headers or no cats doesn't throw a code), and a couple of other things. I think I could actually have them alter it for free to whatever you want if you want it tweaked a little differently. PM me if you're interested.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1998 PCM reprogrammed from West Coast Viper. It is supposedly worth another 15 rwhp over my stock 2002 PCM. Its definetly more agressive, and it idles at 750 rpm, instead of my 850 rpm on the 2002. I'll let it go for $300+ ship.

Jon

OP
OP
W

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got a 99 us pcm. I disconnected the battery and put it in. Nothing happens, car never turns over or fires. I disconnect the battery and put the old POS euro pcm in and it starts right up. what could the deal be???

OP
OP
W

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for being vague, I was actually running late to meet up and go on a cruise with some other cars. I disconnected the battery right above the PCM, removed the plugs, plugged in the new pcm ( i noticed the left plug did not go in as easily as the others, but it did still go in) I went to start it up and just kinda kept trying to start but never turned over or fired. I Threw the old pcm in and it started immediately. What gives??????

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PCM is junk... good find...

I've never had one do that, and I have owned about 4 of them.

The only time my car wouldnt start is when I would forget to plug all the connectors in. So if you are positive that all there are well connected, and none of the pins are bent on the inside.. then the PCM is junk. Probably got fried when someone experimented with programming it.

Jon

OP
OP
W

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got it going. seems to be running smoothly, Turned out as 2002GTS viper asid, a pin was bent. I noticed it when i got home and got to take my time puting it on the car. Check engine light came on, not sure if that is a big deal

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The simms are only required on 2000 and later cars if you don't have cats. I'm assuming this is the reason for the simm Neil? You may be able to get away with a 99 PCM, PM me if you want it. :2tu:

Euro vipers dont have rear sensors, only two up front in the headers. The holes in the rear section of the exhaust are just capped off. Jerrys car was running no cats (it had a SR S/C fitted) while it was here in the UK not sure if cats were fitted when it moved to the US.

The US PCM is now looking for the rear sensors which doesnt exist, hence the check light.

Jerry, be interested to know if you notice a on-road power increase, are you going to take it on the dyno ?

OP
OP
W

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Neil this is Jerad. the car does seem to be a little quicker. It seems more responsive in the lower rpm's. I would be curious as well. Snakebit says that i need to adjust the idle a little bit. I also have a vec to put on as well. Once i get these things done i will definately take it to the dyno. How long does it take the pcm's to "adjust" to the car?

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You drove the car for a couple hours already correct?
Then it's pretty much done all it's gonna do.
I believe they are always learning, but most of it's done within a short 20min drive.
BTW what's it idling at?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala