Need Advice on Tires

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the story starts back in April when I bought my car. The dealer told me they had just put new tires on the car and I considered that one of the selling points and was very happy with the deal I got.

Flash forward to last week when I read one of Chad's posts about what he's doing with his PS1 tires and how we can all tell when our tires were born. I checked mine and found the following on my car:

passenger rear 8th week of 2001 (before my car was built)
passenger front 43rd week of 2003
driver front 48th week of 2005
driver rear (can't see it in storage, but I'm not optimistic)

Technically they did not lie. The tires were "new" in that they had never been used, but other definitions fail. Regardless, I don't believe I have any recourse against the dealer. My dilemma is what to do with my tires. I put 4000 miles on them this summer.

Should I chance one more season with mismatched tire ages and at least one of them 7+ years old?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One solid weekend at the track and you won't post that again.

New post will read:

Had a great weekend at the track. Need new tires now. Who's got the best prices?

Actually, Jon at Parts Rack seems knowledgeable on those issues. Call him.

OP
OP
Y

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One solid weekend at the track and you won't post that again.

New post will read:

Had a great weekend at the track. Need new tires now. Who's got the best prices?

Actually, Jon at Parts Rack seems knowledgeable on those issues. Call him.

Or maybe - Had a great weekend at the track. Looking for a new Viper

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealership? Name?

Obviously they like to play with the lives of their (ex-) customers!

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Dave said....call Jon at PartsRack. He buy far gave me the best deal on more than one set of tires, or he can at least answer all the questions you have.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They might be ok to motor around on with a light foot but some of them are junk.Get a new set of recent vintage PS2.It will be like night and day on the street and track.The fat man recommends no more than 5 yrs on their high performance tires because they are hard as stone and unreliable in high performance applications.Get a decent more aggressive alignment too while you're at it and again it will be like night and day.You will find yourself having to select a higher gear due to increased speeds on some straights coming off the corners that much faster.Easier to control with much less tail wag in 1st and 2nd street or track. GTS Bruce

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't feel too bad. You're not the first person to be lied to by a car dealer and definitely not the last. If you got a good car for a good price, but now need to buy tires, its not the end of the world. Get yourself some new rubber and enjoy your Viper.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang