Need advice on viper w/ aero kit

viper emil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the midst of my still new gen iv black vert search, i found the viper below. I talked to the sales guys and they say they are very firm on price and keep mentioning that sticker is $98k. I know there are deals to be had in the $70k range, but I only want black vert, no stripes, and it has to be close to me (los angeles), so with that said--what would be a "fair" price for this car?

Also, I'm not a fan of big wings on any car, and didn't like them on vipers, but I'm sort of liking this one..if anyone has any more pics of verts with the aero kit please post some pics

( Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com )

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not feeling the open vert with the aero package. I would bet that there were not many ordered. I guess in LA you can find anything...

OP
OP
V

viper emil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not feeling the open vert with the aero package. I would bet that there were not many ordered. I guess in LA you can find anything...

Thanks for your opinion. However I was asking if the price is justified by the aero kit on a vert car. So is it worth the nearly $20k over the "deals" found around the country?

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are a couple of members on this forum who ordered verts with the aero. Music something and Citysnake come to mind.

Is this car worth it? IMHO I say no way. For one thing its a 2008, so already a almost two year old car. Next, like you said there are too many deals out there. I have been looking at the VOIX cars. These cars sticker for over $100K and I have seen two used ones with less than 100 miles for close to $80. With used 08's with higher mileage going for low 60's, I can't see paying over 90 for a new one.

But it does come down to you and what you want, if you plan on keeping this car for a long time then you can't go wrong with whatever you get.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iam not a vert fan but I really like it the way its set up...The aero wing sits low on the back of the verts so it looks good..That said I would give 85K and no-more..Good Luck. Kevin

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is 1 0f 9 solid black verts with the factory aero package. With the red interior is it 1 of 1, 2 or 3?? To answer your question, the price quoted by the dealer is "fair" if you want a new car with that exact combo.

As you see from others, many will tell you to buy another car based on prices. The minority will tell you its "justified" to pay $20K for the aero package. the majority will also tell you this aero car will be worth about $75K max the day you title it in your name. 6 months ago I saw a dealer sell an 08 black vert with around 1K miles for less than $70K. Too bad for you that car was in Orange County.

Over 100 solid black convertibles were built, be patient and you'll find one for $20K less, if your not patient or not allowed to leave LA county go pay $90K for the viper you referenced.

OP
OP
V

viper emil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were dealers here selling other combos for $68k. I have never seen an aero kit on a vert and figured that must be rare. Thanks for the advice guys.

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice car but not worth the price. The aero package on a vert is kind of silly to me. You cannot really use the aero package as it was designed but you will drive around paranoid about smashing that front lip. (have you checked the prices of the replacement parts...crazy!)

Either spend a little more and get an ACR(and the suspension that comes with it) or go for a regular vert and spend the difference on mods. You could by a vert and add headers, wheels and a mopar box for less.

Just my .02....

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your answer is in there somewhere. Maybe, I bet that there were no many ordered. Only you can justify if the Aero Vert is worth the money. You can come here asking for opinions, but when the final decision is made only you can walk up to the paperwork & sign on the dotted line.

Last edited:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paid $73900 for a new 08 Vert in March. Sticker was $94700. No aero but then again I could add a wing and splitter from PartsRack or Snakeoyl for $3500 or so. $91,000 seems like a lot expecially since the aero kit is not really that functional.

The ACR has a different suspension to be able to handle the 1000 pounds of downforce. If the aero kit was tuned the same way as on an ACR it would flatten the suspension on a standard Gen IV like a pancake. Its just for show not for go.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this a is personal preference decision. I ordered my Violet Vert with the aero kit, not for functionality, as there is none, but simply for looks. I almost ordered a Violet ACR, but liked the thought of being able to out the top down. Since I am not a track rat, that would have been overkill as well.
My Viper has plenty of power, and has more than enough speed to make me happy.
If you want a rare car, and you like the looks of the aero kit, then get it. If you are looking at it as an investment, then I suggest that you do not get it. Especially, in this new environment that our country is in. They just may outlaw and take our cars from us in a couple of years. Just find one you like, and drive the P out of it.:)

rixvpr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an 09 red conv. with the aero Kit and every other option available, msrp was $105,500.00 I was wondering does anybody know the rarity of these particular cars ???
Thanks,
Ric

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if anyone has any more pics of verts with the aero kit please post some pics

( Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com )

Mine has stripes, but you can get the idea.

I will disagree on the effects of the aero package. There is not much at legal highway speeds (nor is there any actual NEED), but the front splitter does help keeping the front end down at higher "spirited" speeds.

SKG_2013_sm.jpg

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 09 red conv. with the aero Kit and every other option available, msrp was $105,500.00 I was wondering does anybody know the rarity of these particular cars ???
Thanks,
Ric

If you are a VCA member, go to the SRT section of our website. There is a thread which lists the complete breakdown of the 08 model year by color, body style, aero and ACR. Viper magazine will also answer your question, and includes stripe color.

Bill

rixvpr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a VCA member, I try your suggestion hopefully the 09 info to date will be there.
Thanks,
Ric

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a VCA member, I try your suggestion hopefully the 09 info to date will be there.
Thanks,
Ric

09 information will not be there as that is not published until quite some time after the model year ends. And you are not set up as a VCA member here so you will not be able to access any private sections. PM me your full name and VCA number and I will verify you and get you set up here.
You may have a rare car though as only one was built that way in 08.

rixvpr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sent a PM. My car is an 09 Conv. it's Red with Graphite Stripes,6 spoke wheels,AM/FM GPS,Stripes,Graphite bezels,Two Tone Interior,Aero Group,Protection Group.
I'd post pics but not sure how.

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has to be a reason that this car is still there....price. They have drawn a hard line and have been counting on the right buyer to walk in for over a year and he hasn't arrived yet. I know another dealer near here (recently cut by Chrysler) who held on to a 2004 until this year.
BTW, Pasadena Auto Sales is in St. Petersburg, FL which isn't very close to Los Angles.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my ACR there was a vert with the aero, and I was amazed at how cool it looked. $20K cool, probably not. I paid $99K for my ACR ($106K MSRP).

Are you sure you want to pay that close to an ACR's price?

OP
OP
V

viper emil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has to be a reason that this car is still there....price. They have drawn a hard line and have been counting on the right buyer to walk in for over a year and he hasn't arrived yet. I know another dealer near here (recently cut by Chrysler) who held on to a 2004 until this year.
BTW, Pasadena Auto Sales is in St. Petersburg, FL which isn't very close to Los Angles.

Well ****--I thought it was Pasadena, CA. I called the 1866 number. Looks like that answers my question...

When I bought my ACR there was a vert with the aero, and I was amazed at how cool it looked. $20K cool, probably not. I paid $99K for my ACR ($106K MSRP).

Are you sure you want to pay that close to an ACR's price?

Hell no--I definitely want the top to come down but also saw some recent posts about the aero kit being $40k+??? So was wondering if the factory installed aero kit verts were something "extraordinary"

City, can you post a few more pics for me from diff angles?

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinion. However I was asking if the price is justified by the aero kit on a vert car. So is it worth the nearly $20k over the "deals" found around the country?
I think the the car is worth somewhere between 70 and 75k maybe a little more based on the prices I have seen. I bought my convert brand new 08 for 65k with a 92k window sticker 3 months ago. I have never been an aero package fan on vipers but I have to say I think that black convert with it looks just awesome!

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well ****--I thought it was Pasadena, CA. I called the 1866 number. Looks like that answers my question...

Hell no--I definitely want the top to come down but also saw some recent posts about the aero kit being $40k+??? So was wondering if the factory installed aero kit verts were something "extraordinary"

The aero kit was /is a $6,500 factory option..The replacement of those 2 pieces will probably cost more down the road, but thats what insurance is for..Kevin

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has stripes, but you can get the idea.

I will disagree on the effects of the aero package. There is not much at legal highway speeds (nor is there any actual NEED), but the front splitter does help keeping the front end down at higher "spirited" speeds.

SKG_2013_sm.jpg

City, Post up MORE PICS!!! That snake looks F..ing sinister..:omg:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember many if the cars sold in the 60's and 70's were a result of the employee pricing for which employees got 20,000 off sticker. I think most if not all these cars were sold.

I think the the car is worth somewhere between 70 and 75k maybe a little more based on the prices I have seen. I bought my convert brand new 08 for 65k with a 92k window sticker 3 months ago. I have never been an aero package fan on vipers but I have to say I think that black convert with it looks just awesome!

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paid $73900 for a new 08 Vert in March. Sticker was $94700. No aero but then again I could add a wing and splitter from PartsRack or Snakeoyl for $3500 or so. $91,000 seems like a lot expecially since the aero kit is not really that functional.

The ACR has a different suspension to be able to handle the 1000 pounds of downforce. If the aero kit was tuned the same way as on an ACR it would flatten the suspension on a standard Gen IV like a pancake. Its just for show not for go.

The non-ACR coupe with aero has 500/600 lb of downforce (can't remember which) and I would assume the standard coupe suspension can handle it.

Aftermarket aero kits may be cheaper than factory but you get what you pay for. Personally would have factory aero or no aero.

OP
OP
V

viper emil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really falling in love with the aero kit on the black vert..the spoiler is perfect in size.

Thanks to City for the pics!

If anyone has any others please post!