Need big Viper Logo Stencil

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to paint "Viper" in big letters on my garage wall in the correct font/script (I saw a picture on here, where someone had done this).

Are there any stencils available for this or do I need to use an overhead projector and a transparency to get it right?:dunno:

TIA

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Dave used a projector to project the Viper logo on the wall and either traced it/painted it from there. He's pretty clever.

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is what we use. Prism, Art Projector -- Artograph Inc.

Something like this can work too. These can be found on Craigslist pretty easy. Califone | Luminos Overhead Projector - OHP-2000 | OHP-2000

Be sure to lightly tape your image to your projector. Shoot the image onto the wall. lightly trace image with a pencil. Use blue painters tape to mask off the lettering. A sharp exacto knife and a steady hand should help with the curves. Try to cut just thru the tape but cutting into the 1st layer of paper over the drywall won't hurt much if you paint correctly. When removing the tape go slow pull as to not pull the paint off with it. Hope this helpes.

We did this a while back using the same method described above, only in mulit layers. This mural/sign is 24ft long.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Printed 1:1 scale - 12 ft long.

Taped wall.

Put print over tape.

Cut with modeling knife.

Peeled tape.

Painted.

It looks much better in person, as does this...

Gearhead Adam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bringing this back to life...i do have an overhead projector that i can grab from the office for the weekend...is that still the most "practical" way to do this or would you go the stencil route? Dave666 i think i am going to copy your design exactly so id apprciate any more info (you said you taped the wall--what kind of tape/one strip at a time?)

thanks

OP
OP
R

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, I started this thread and forgot add my results. I ended up just using a yard stick and a pencil to "free hand" it.

DSCF1549.JPG

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask Neil. He is on the list here from the UK He has Race Graphics. I have ordered lots of different things from him. I dont think that there is anything he cant do.

Dont let the fact that he is in the UK concern you. I cant get stuff to him faster and vice versa than I can get stuff out to the West coast.

Steve A.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These looks awesome.. great job :2tu:

I can't wait til I have my own garage someday so I can do projects like this. :)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Printed 1:1 scale - 12 ft long.

Taped wall.

Put print over tape.

Cut with modeling knife.

Peeled tape.

Painted.

It looks much better in person, as does this...

Ha, I started this thread and forgot add my results. I ended up just using a yard stick and a pencil to "free hand" it.

DSCF1549.JPG