Need Drag Tires. Which Mickey to get?

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have bought and used the M&H DRs and came to this conclusion? I already ordered the M&H so we will see.

I have not. I used BFG drag radials, but I know almost all of the high horsepower Vipers are running the MT's, so good luck for you, I am sure they are fine.

I can tell you on my MT's we ran the 1.36 60' time alon with a 9.3 1/4 with no spin at all through any gear. Next time I get the opportunity I am going to turn things up a little, but I am hopeful to get somewhere around an 8.3-8.5 on these tires.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no doubt that pretty impressive but, you have over twice the power ( sweet) of my car. No question those are great times. :drive: I had both I like M&H with my setup. It seems to work better for me I had MT tires sliding around in 2nd gear with 17 psi in them. The track makes a big difference as we all know some days are better than others. Thanks for your input.

Go with the Mickey Thompsons if you want to hook. I challenge anyone in this thread if they have ever pulled consistent 60' times like I did with my MTs.

1.36, 1.37, 1.39, 1.39, 1.36, 1.42.

You won't do that with the rest of them. Proof is in the times.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A line lock is imaprative with either tire. The sweet spot on the M&H is between 16 and 20 psi Warm is good hot is better.

I thought the M&H didn't require air to be let out? It just flat out hooked. Now a line lock is needed and air pressure needs to be lowered? :dunno:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Line locks are the best way to warm up the tires in the staging area. Hot or warm rubber always is better. I run my M&H tires at 25.5 psi but I have been told that the sweet spot for them is 16 to 20 psi. I have yet to run them that low since I have no problem hooking up. The same goes for the MT I ran at 17 psi per mfg support recommended.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got the tires in. They look great! They have more tread than my V700's had new! ha Will be getting them mounted and balanced today or tomorrow. If weather is nice then I will have it on the track Thursday. Will also post some pics.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here they are before they are mounted.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have bought and used the M&H DRs and came to this conclusion? I already ordered the M&H so we will see.

It is virtually impossible to compare tires that are run on different tracks at different times. The track prep can mean more than the tire. A PS2 on a prepped track will probably run a sixty similar to the aforementioned tires on a track with no prep.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire