Need help finding a color for my SRT big brake upgrade

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What color caliper would look best on a Graphite GTS?

10417reducedIMG_0070.jpg

I've got CCW 505A's being chromed and Dave's Big brake kit going on.
First thought was to have the SRT calipers powder coated graphite color with silver lettering to match my car colors. Problem is that the graphite powder coat is really dark (almost black) and really won't have much of a Bling factor. I might as well save the cash and leave them stock black.

Another So Cal member has yellow calipers and it looks sharp...but I don't want to be a copy cat.

A lot of cars have red calipers...and for me personally, I don't think red is the best color under graphite.

I like the blue that the shocks have on them as they stand out and seem to go with the graphite well. But I'm worried that the blue calipers might be a bit much.

Any ideas?

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well you just shot down the two colors I would recommend. I think yellow would be the best. Don't worry about being a copy cat. You already have the same car as him.

Red would be my second choice.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Red or yellow. Blue would look a bit gawdy. Silver/aluminium with graphite emblems may be a nice simple change.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Lance,

I'm having a <font color="blue"> </font>Blue "Demo" being done right now :2tu: Tops 2 weeks :D

We could do Orange :shocked: or Baby Shiiiiiiiiit Green :eek: BUT :p I am partial to "RACE YELLOW" :D :2tu: :usa: :nana:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree silver or black. Yellow would look good until you add ANY other color to the car, then they will look out of place (Saw it happen on a $100K 350Z show car). Were it my car....silver or black.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
RED will be the BEST color, it stand out better than any other color....and of course the yellow is good too....

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go for the monochromatic look. That's what I like about the Graphite color in the first place. Do a lighter graphite, dark silver or even black. In black you won't have to worry about them ever looking dirty.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Copy Cat? How many Vipers did you see on the road this past week? No one will think your just another Viper with yellow Calipers.
"Trust Me"

Dieselino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you want them to be noticeable Id say yellow or red. I dont think blue would look that good. Black, silver or gunmental would work of course for the more stealth look. I still think red would be the best, it goes with the red valve covers and the red viper brake lamp in the rear. Why introduce more colors?

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have set of Stoptechs coming on Monday that are red. The motor and rollbar are powdercoated yellow.

Would yellow calipers be too much, or should stick with red or another color?

Thanks!!! :nana:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree silver or black. Yellow would look good until you add ANY other color to the car, then they will look out of place (Saw it happen on a $100K 350Z show car). Were it my car....silver or black.

I agree totally

BLACK OR SILVER

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your welcome Dave. Those yellow calipers look great in your avatar. :cool:

Are those powdercoated? If so, how do they add the lettering in a different color?

Thanks!