Need help finding a tool for my '01 RT/10

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Need help finding a tool for my \'01 RT/10

When I bought my car, they did not have the little wrench tool that is used to take the hard top off. I have called around to all of the local dealers and, to no surprise, no-one knows anything about it.

I have put in a call to R and J, and he is looking into it for me as he just sold his last one.

So, does anyone know of where I can get, or is anyone looking to get rid of one??

Thanks in advance,

Grayson

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Need help finding a tool for my \'01 RT/10

It is just an allen wrench. 4 or 5mm, i think.

Might be standard. Pretty much anything that you can fit in there to get leverage is what you need.

I can sell you my "super special" tool for $100, but i scraped "alltrade" off the side. :p

JD

foolinjected

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Like he said. It's just a silver allen. I have the wrench, but have never used it. The latches seem to turn fairly easily by hand.

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It is easy to turn with my hand, and the few times that I have taken the top off, I usually use my hand, or the allen wrench as mentioned.

However, as part of the deal, the seller agreed to purchase the tool at his expense-so I would like to have it if I can get! (especially since I am not paying for it out of pocket at this moment)

Anyways, any leads? Any one of y'all want to sell me yours since y'all aren't using it? :cool:

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Aww i'd give ya mine but i'm in West Africa and the car is in Illinois lol
Cant you just go to the local hardware store and pick up an allen wrench, seriously thats all it is. 4mm i think?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is easy to turn with my hand, and the few times that I have taken the top off, I usually use my hand, or the allen wrench as mentioned.

However, as part of the deal, the seller agreed to purchase the tool at his expense-so I would like to have it if I can get! (especially since I am not paying for it out of pocket at this moment)

Anyways, any leads? Any one of y'all want to sell me yours since y'all aren't using it? :cool:

it's just an allen wrench. nothing worth buying from DC or any used Dodge parts seller. Ace hardware?

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Aww i'd give ya mine but i'm in West Africa and the car is in Illinois lol
Cant you just go to the local hardware store and pick up an allen wrench, seriously thats all it is. 4mm i think?
Well that's a lot easier!! I seriously thought that there was a special tool specially designed for the top levers-not knowing that all it was was an overpriced allen wrench!!

Thanks for the info guys!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The top SHOULD have come with the allen wrench (or some handle) permanently attached to add leverage and to make it visibly obvious that the latch is in the closed position! :mad: