Need help in OKC!

SnakeBit06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow Viper owners,

I have a request for any of you in/near Oklahoma City. I need my car driven to the tag office for a VIN inspection. I'm stuck in Iraq until the 25th, and I need to get the title work complete before I have to pack my car for shipment to Germany. If any of you can help me out, dinner is on me when I get back in country.

Eric

V

Venomiss

If you were closer we'd be doing it. No dinner needed.
I put out the word to the OK president on your behalf so hopefully he can help.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I am surprised that you have not been offered the option of a law enforcement officer making a house call for this "VIN check". Formerly, Indiana only required same of USED cars purchased out of state...not new cars with a Cert. of Origin. That changed in about 2002. Now we need a VIN check on all cars (new or used) that are purchased out of state...BUT, our local officers now make a house call, check the VIN, sign the form and the car is cleared to be titled. They no longer want me to drive to their HDQ..though I don't know why.

Are you sure that this couldn't be arranged "thru channels" if all you need is the VIN check?? I noticed on your state's site that there are some "leeways" granted for those on active duty.

Call your state officials, Governor, Senator, Police Chief???

Good luck, Eric...sorry I'm not closer.

Scott Mannny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not a problem Eric. I just left you a voice mail, have your wife give me a call and we'll take care of it. The OK VCA is planning a get together around the same time you get in, so we'll have your car ready and waiting. Call me when you get back in town.

Scott

V

Venomiss

That is good news and this will be a nice thread for reference in the future for those looking for the same kink of help. Thank Steve.:)

Stay safe in the sandbox until the 25th.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang