Need Help Please...car threw 2 codes today

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002 RT/10 (12,000+miles) Stock with the exception of Corsa Exhaust, K&N filters...first time ever getting the check engine light today, I used a actron obd2 scanner

Yesterday I noticed a minor anti-freeze leak on the passanger side. It was the small hose (I believe it's a return) that connects to the top of the coolant fill reservoir. I replaced it without incident. Today I get the check engine light. Any suggestions please???

P0113 IAT Sensor 1 Circuit High Input

P0442 EVAP Emission Control System Leak (Small)

So I cleared the codes but with'n a few minutes (if that) of driving the P0442 came back but not the P0113

Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P0442 EVAP Emission Control System Leak (Small)

I would check to make sure that your fuel cap is tight (usually supposed to feel a couple of clicks beyond tight.) If it is, then maybe invest in a replacement if it is original. At least that is one of the easiest & cheapest of the possible causes.

GTSlookin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also check for cracks in rubber hoses leading to the seleniod under driver side headlight. My 02 GTS had same issue. Old brittle hoses were the source. After replacement it took about four drives for codes to clear.

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also check for cracks in rubber hoses leading to the seleniod under driver side headlight. My 02 GTS had same issue. Old brittle hoses were the source. After replacement it took about four drives for codes to clear.

Yeah definitely see some hoses with cracks etc, not sure what they're for, gotta look at my manual but I'm gonna start replacing all of them. Thanks for the help guys!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala