Multiple engine codes after washing.

MICHAEL WILSON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everybody
I was doing some detailing on my 2008 Coupe. I removed both Wheels on the passenger side, I use my pressure washer to remove the built on gunk on my control arms on the front and rear along with any other built on crud that was in the wheel well. I thought I was pretty careful but maybe not.The next day when I drove the car I got a check engine light in the driveway.. I put my engine analyzer on it and read the codes it said that I had a gas cap loose so I re tighten the gas cap and cleared the codes out. The engine light has not come back on but I still have several codes that are active. I replaced the gas cap and removed the shields underneath the car and examined the canister and Associated equipment everything looked okay( also how do you remove that aluminum shielding that covers the charcoal canister? It's soft and ends easily but it would be easier to look at if I can completely remove it even though it is malleable)

The car seems to be running okay it revs up and starts up and runs down the road okay. It feels like it's running a little bit rough, but honestly that could be in my head.. Below is a list of the codes that are coming on when I read the ECU through the OBD2 port... again mike check engine light has not come back on... Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Current Fault Log
------------------
P0455: Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (gross leak, check fuel cap, piping etc)
P1628: [Chrysler] ECT Pull-Up Resistor

P2104: Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Idle
P210E: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P2127: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch E Circuit Low Input

Pending Fault Log
------------------
P0457: Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (fuel cap loose/off)

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen cases where pressured water got in the plugs on the ecu . I’ve also seen cases where the ecu case was cracked and let water in.

However, not without a check engine light. Have considered clearing the codes and see if they come back?

OP
OP
M

MICHAEL WILSON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I probably wasn't clear on that. I have tried to reset the codes and they go away but come right back I really don't want to take it to the dealership cuz I'm afraid they're going to start throwing Parts at it trying to fix a problem that might be just something very small. I don't believe that I got pressurized water anywhere near the ECU. But you never know

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You might try unplugging the battery and letting it sit for a while to fully reset the ECU. There's a solenoid in the engine bay near the driver side front brace that goes in front of/under the throttle body that's the purge solenoid for the system. You might check around it and the hoses there as they could potentially be causing the issue too. I had an evap code that kept coming up and finally found out I had broken the molded plastic line that went to that solenoid when I had taken off the brace for some service a while back.

Just for reference, at least on the gen 3 convertibles, the charcoal canister is effectively non-serviceable. The actual service procedure involves cutting an access hole through the trunk to be able to get to it. It must be a non-structural part, but it's wild to read that they want you to cut a big hole in the trunk to do something. Not sure about the coupes though, they might be serviceable without cutting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets