Need info about AEM products from users.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have decided to go with AEM:s complete product line to my Super Stock Viper project. I'm curious to know if any one have experience from their products, and if there is anything I should be aware of?
I will use:
-2 pcs wideband UEGO units, one to each cylinder bank.
-10 pcs EGT probes complete (will be used with our own 10 EGT-AEM adapter box)
-AEM EMS Viper unit
-Peak & Hold injector driver
-C2DI 4 + 8 cylinder units (total 10)

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JP,

I have one, the tuning options are endles. Jason H did the set up and tune, and for the fist time since I went to the bigger SC, (JT Trim) I am running cooler, and very consistent idle, pull from 1st, and so on.

Mark

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JP,

The AEM unit is fantastic, and the traction control is going to make you amazingly consistent.

Are you using the EGT probes AEM sells? Or some others? If others make sure they are compatible with the unit, and that the unit has 10 egt inputs.

OP
OP
J

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ, we are not allowed to use traction control...I have a Mark Williams Ford 9" and 33"x14.5 inch slicks in the rear to help my traction issues.
The AEM unit does not allow more then 4 EGTS, so we are building our own adapter that allow us to used 10 EGTS and log the data through the AEM ECM.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JP,

Thats the great thing about the AEM unit, its technicaly not traction control. You dont need sensors or anything to tune it in, and there is no harware to make it run.

But with that type of patch you should be doing well already.

Are you going with a standard Viper unit? Or a race unit?

OP
OP
J

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what unit we will use, as I understand is the difference that the "Viper" unit hooks up to the stock Harness and what you call the "Race" unit has to be adapted to the Vehicle.
We don't use any of the stock harness so I guess we will go with what is lightest :)
I'm more concerned about the C2DI units, if any one have tested them on a Viper, and if there is any Peak & Hold units out on the streets or tracks.
If nobody knows, will we soon know ourselves, the Break In and Dyno pulls will soon be done, after that will we know a lot more.
Thanxs!