Need Input on LAUNCH Control

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to comment on Jack's summary but heck you all sound like kids.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, I just think it will make for a funny video if she freaks out or panics. We'll be on a private road, no ditches in sight. :)

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That article misses some key points:

1. Due to time constraints, it is almost impossible to use at the strip with an opponent. This might be the fact for other cars also.

2. They mention it has to be activated in 1/2 second - that is a joke. Try hitting the button and counting to 1/2 second.
3. The message to go wot stays on indefinitely, this leads you to believe it is always active. If you only have 1/2 second, the dash message should go off.

4. You have no way of telling whether you are actually in launch mode or whether you are against the actual limiter.

Last edited:

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack, being a software guy it is my opinion that the timing value between when the launch control is activated and the clutch pedal is fully depressed could easily be changed. But I wouldn't venture to guess how easy it would be for the car to instantly determine the WOT rpm. Maybe it could be made static, I dunno. But I definitely see a major redesign if in fact the tire slip is radically different between a VHT treated smooth surface and regular non-treated aggregate surface and the driver gets to select which surface he will be launching on. Just my opinion... Just out of curiosity, have you tried contacting the support number listed on drivesrt.com?

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what would be cool if the car had 2 launch modes. one for the track and one for the street.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT/Viper is way behind the power curve. The Porsche 911 Turbo S Launch Control System is outstanding for the drag strip..

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I finally figured out how to use Lunch control..... now if I can figure out how to use Dinner Control....

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT/Viper is way behind the power curve. The Porsche 911 Turbo S Launch Control System is outstanding for the drag strip..

Can you provide some detail or a link to somewhere that can? If what you are saying is true, I'd really like to see it. Thanks!

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No sarcasm, own 3 Vipers,love them.Have a 911 Turbo S .You are correct, it is very hi tect(not a bad thing) and the computer coordinates the complete launch, blazing fast. Of Course,the Porsche is all wheel drive with DCT.I bought the Turbo S because, I also, could not launch my Gen 4 .If you can,t bet them join them...

The Gen.5 will easy run 10s ,when they fix that bogging after it launches. That is bad...