Need manual info and help from electronic/steero buffs

rgifford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of questions on 2001 GTS:

How in the hell do you get the plastic part off the center consile. The one that hold the ashtray, shifter boot, and extends up over the radio??

Does the alpine unit have any RCA inputs?? My guess is no. I am looking at getting the XM Sattelite Radio.

Which XM antenna works inside the glass??

Does the amp in the back use RCAs, I want to put my old Somy ES headunit back in becuase it has a remote.

Thanks in advnace.

Robert

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im taking ine mind a newer viper with a single amp in the back on the drivers side.

That center piece that holds the ash tray: Pull on it really hard and it will come out. The factory alpine does not have RCA inputs nor does it have RCA outputs.

The amp in the back does not have rca inputs either.

I personally ripped the WHOLE system out and started from scratch. If you want to add something on without trashing the whole system you could always get a F-modulator (I hate them) but its an option. It would be kind of stupid of have digital satellite radio than cram it through an fm modulator. It would be like broadcasting music from a CD via am radio.

Hope this helps.

If you need anything else; I know what the whole stereo has and doesnt have because all the pieces are sitting in my garage.
smile.gif

Good luck.

G

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After you take out the center console piece, it's pretty easy to loosen up the screws for the center arm rest and rear trim piece. You can feed RCA and CD Changer cables from a new head unit to a new amp and CD changer without even having to completely remove these pieces - the wires tuck in fairly easily and can drop in at the top of each alcove on the side of your trunk.

A

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the million dollar answer........

* Remove the 2 screws (one on right, one on left) where the 2 center speakers are.
* Next, gently lift up the lower left part of the console where the shifter boot is. Do so slowly, there is about 3 square 1cm X 1cm heavy duty velcro to remove and 2 or 3 snap ins.
* The entire part around the radio will also come off since they are the same piece.
* Remove the 2 screws that are now noticeable on the left and right side of the lower part of the radio console section that you just removed.

I hope this helps you.......Did I win the mil?
laugh.gif

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weird. The RT may be different?? I didnt have any screws in mine. I just pulled it and it came off. Maybe chrysler forgot them on mine.