need new brakes should i go to dealer or can i get better bang for the buck

youngviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
need new brakes should i go to dealer or can i get better bang for the buck else where? any help or experience will be appreciated.
thanks
ray

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: need new brakes should i go to dealer or can i get better bang for the

Hard to beat the OE brakes / rotors, especially for the price.

Easy to do it yourself.

I can buy them at shop prices locally. You to should be able to negotiate with your local dealer and get them well below list or call Parts Rack.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a lot of aftermarket pad manufactures out there including Hawk and EBC among others. These are resonably prices. At the other end of the price spectrum are Stoptechs. It really depends on what you are looking at doing for mods on your car. It is staying stock? It is going to have more HP? If so upgrading the brakes is a good idea. If the black dust is an issue for you then another brake pad type will solve that problem.

Fell free to call me and I can walk you thru changing your pads as it is really easy.

Robbie

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$80 an hour for a dealer to do it or something perhaps you could learn yourself (I'm gonna try and change my SRT Ram's brakepads for the first time soon) and save some good money. My vote is for the better bang for the buck elsewhere. I dont think brakepads are covered under warranty but if something else is wrong (your posts lists you need new brakes) perhaps they are under warranty, then go to the dealer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32