Need OEM radio advice, May have a factory cd for sale ?

npeifer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First of all I have a 96 RT/10 with a factory am/fm cassette and the factory amp in the trunk. The system sounds like crap of course and I was planning on adding an amp or 2 and a footwell sub with upgraded speakers. I did however want to use a factory Viper stereo in my car with a cd player.

I purchased from ebay this radio:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8030067701&viewitem=&rd=1,1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

The unit looks good and I was pleased, until pulled my radio out. The plugs are completely different. This radio is from a Gen II car from my understanding a 2000 model. So my problem is what do I do now ? My current system(radio) has front and rear RCA jacks and a 6 pin plug in. The Alpine CD has like a 16 pin plug in and an 8 pin round connector I think. If this can be adapted great but if not I will just sell this alpine unit and replace with an aftermarket one.

Give me some thoughts.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It can be done. I put a gen2 radio and amp in another vehicle and used the stock speakers in that vehicle. You will have to use an amp with that radio....I used the stock amp. I got the big connector at a stereo shop and I think the round one came from radio shack (microphone connector)
It will not be plug and play, there will be some harness making and soldering needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302