Need Opinion- SSG with Black Chrome H Wheels

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you think, keep them stock polished or black chrome the H wheels?

Here is a black chrome wheel just to get an idea of what the color will be:

You must be registered for see images

Here is my Viper with the H wheels that would be black chromed:

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
definately get em---I would get them if I had black or no stripes---but got white ones so no black wheels.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just do the regular calchrome with the srt lettering in green... you won't be dissapointed... ALBINONILE btw i installed a few bolt ons and a tune on the challenger and very easy to burnout the wheels now.. you had asked before ..

wheels_dodge_viper_08_H_under2_big.jpg

Last edited:

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do what I did today. I printed out two pics of my car and lightly colored in the rims with a pencil on one of the pics to simulate the black chrome.
When I looked at them next to each other, I decided that the black chrome would not look as good as I thought on my W/B VOI9.
Might look nice with the SSG though. :dunno:

OP
OP
S

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do what I did today. I printed out two pics of my car and lightly colored in the rims with a pencil on one of the pics to simulate the black chrome.
When I looked at them next to each other, I decided that the black chrome would not look as good as I thought on my W/B VOI9.
Might look nice with the SSG though. :dunno:

Hey, who gave you that idea? ;)

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pooo :bonker: Go black chrome. What's the worst, you don't like em and you put em up for sale and make a buck or two off em. Those would go like hot cakes at Denny's at three in the morning on ebay or even one of the classifieds.

:usa:

OP
OP
S

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I do like Wallbangers but I'm not that into bright chrome. I may just do the black chrome with some graphite stripes.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search on here for Cal Chrome. They've got several different degrees of black chrome. That picture you posted looks like it's the darkest they go. There's others that are not as dark tinted.

:usa:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Not sure if you've thought of this, and if you go black chrome with the wheels, are you also going do the gas cap and change the Viper lettering? I'm a big fan of chrome and the difference on the quality of finish is night and day vs. the stock polished aluminum.

OP
OP
S

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if you've thought of this, and if you go black chrome with the wheels, are you also going do the gas cap and change the Viper lettering? I'm a big fan of chrome and the difference on the quality of finish is night and day vs. the stock polished aluminum.

Good point, I did plan on also doing the filler door. Will also change the lettering to black.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a ssg car with black chrome h-spokes, pm me a phone number and ill text u a pic

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala