Need opinions to help a friend out

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine is looking to buy a Viper. I've already told him my opinion on what he should expect to spend, which was over what he was considering, so I thought I'd let you guys give it a go.

He's looking for a GEN I. He's buying it strictly to be a toy and nothing else. He doesn't care if it has any mods or not, air condition or not, or how many miles it has, and it doesn't have to be in prestine condition. He just wants one that doesn't have any major mechanical problems (is reliable enough to take out on the weekend). Now, he's expecting to pay about $20,000.

I told him it'd be more than worth the $30,000-$36,000 to find a nice 94/95 that has some good mods (mopar spoiler, exhaust work, etc) and in great condition with possibly a rare warranty (My '94 still has warranty to 2007 :cool: ).

Do any of you think a Viper like he's wanting could be found between $20,000-$25,000? Just remember, I ALREADY have my snake and I made sure to not cheap out so you can leave all the bashing you want and I'll relay it to my friend.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20K ain't gonna buy anything worth having in a Viper. Go with the Joe's for the 27K as it sounds like what your friend is looking for.