Need options for tapping into fuel line for nitrous

PURE XTC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need to know the safest, easiest to get to and closest place to tap into my fuel line on my 2000 GTS. I have everything else installed but the fuel line and pressure sensor on my NX kit. I would like to do this as safe as possible so I don't end up with a flame paint job.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
use the pressure release valve on the plenum to tap into your fuel system. Or you could just "t" it off from the fuel line behind the plenum.

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you remove the valve core before tapping the nitrous fuel line. You can get the tool from any auto parts store or bicycle shop.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is actually a Schrader valve that is used for testing fuel pressure. Merely remove the fitting, install a 45 degree 4AN style fitting, use either a 36" or 48" length of braided stainless and route it under the intake up to the front of the engine. Put it inside a piece of cool tube.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
bro, do yourself a favor, not to be a di*k or anything but if you didnt know how to find the fuel port on the intake please take the car to be looked at before you test the spray.if not look over all the dumb mistakes a person can make. like seeing that the shark nozzles are pointed open towards the bodies and not the airbox, check the wiring well to. what kind the throttle activation switch did you use, please tell me it wasnt the [******] one included in the kit. for a bill or so use the nx electric throttle position switch or zex switch like i did. nx was backordered. both are the same thing. they read the voltage in the wire going to the throttle body full 4 volts which is full throttle. very clean very accurate and very safe. other than that im me if you have questions or need help i put the same kit on my 97 a year ago and it is easy and very clean and works perfect. also dont jet beyond a 150 shot in that creampuff. 150 is very safe for you but more can cost you. kit says to start with a 100 shot pill they include, DO IT, although its not much, you'll see, it does make sure you have everything together right before sucking the larger shot dowm. -josh

OP
OP
P

PURE XTC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would rather you tell it to me straight than not tell me at all. If I ask dumb questions I seem to get more detailed answers. So be how ever you want just give me good info and tips. I appreciate it!!
I am using a proximity switch on the throttle linkage and it seems to work accurately. I bought the system used and it came with a factory kit switch and with 200hp jets (N52/F33).

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would always start with the nitrous jets smaller than suggested. If you are going to use the 200 set-up use something like a 45-46 with the 33 fuel jets. After you establish the a/f then start increasing the nitrous till you hit your goal. A flat 11:1 is a nice place to be, you give up some hp, but, it is safe.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go!

Hope this helps.

31142222ViperEngine2-med.jpg

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would echo v10kingsnake's comment - if you are unfamiliar with the fuel pressure test point then I'd strongly recommend getting a good shop to do this work for you. I did my own install and ran into issues because I got something in the fuel line during install; my buddy blew his motor due to a shop's poor nitrous install. This is not something you don't want to take a chance on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth