Need rear brakes and rotors

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 gts that I bought A couple of months ago with 13000 miles on it. While backing out of my garage today I heard a clunk in the rear. when I checked to se what it was I found that the outside pad on the rear passenger side came of the plate in two pieces. The rotor looks good but it's down to .856 which is minimum the other rotor is .858 ,so I need new pads and rotors.
My question is I need some input into what would be the best setup for agressive street use. I have seen some posts about EBC green pads but I don't know what other pads and rotors would be a good setup. The front pads and rotors look real good.
I am off to Englishtown first thing in the morning for the fuel meet and will not be back until monday. I am bringing my laptop and hopefully will be able to get online at some point and see what some of you have to say.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how much you want to spend but just changing the rotors and the pads will not improve much your breaking. I have tested a lot of staff but it was a waist of time and money.

There is a very good kit available from Dave in San Diego. Good price and the kit is easy to install. You will have to upgrade the front and the rear breaks at the same time.

Dave's shop

I have 14'' front rotors and 13'' rear rotors. My viper for the first time breaks really very well. I was able to track an entire day on a very technical track without loosing my breaks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang