need to get some sound out of this car

GMBRASCO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have a FE acr with 3700k on it, i just got it about a week ago and put around 30 miles on it so far. i would like to make it a little louder without going crazy with header and stuff. i was thinking the muffler, is there one out there that will wake this v10 up. thanks in advance.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On a budget and want louder? Just cut off the rear muffler and replace with 3" piping to the rear of the car. That's about the best you can do without spending any money.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa and Borla are the two most popular cat back systems. You can listen to a sound file at Corsaperf.com . Due a search and you will find miles of threads on this subject.

OP
OP
G

GMBRASCO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
does anyone have a sound clip with no mufflers?
does anyone sell tips if i did cut out the muffler. thanks.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on your budget. I have the full Belanger system (headers, HF cats and catback) and it sounds really mean at WOT, my wife can hear me coming from over a half a mile away. THe Hennessey headers and exhaust are very loud as well.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got Random Tech 3" cats and cat back,sound is muscular but not too loud.The best thing, there is no drone.Before this exhaust The car had pipe only with no cats or mufflers.
The car would wake the dead and kill small animals!! Most of the manufacturers have sound on their websites.I ended up finding cars in the club with the different exhausts and listening in person.

OP
OP
G

GMBRASCO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if i by pass the rear muffler would it sound any better, my not looking for just noise. i want it to sound like it got balls. I'm not looking to gut the stock exhaust either because I'm trying to keep it as original as possible. this car is my garage queen for now, plus my 3 yr old son no longer has a college fund in the bank, its now sitting in the garage, lol. so i know from experience stock is always better.