Nevada Viper now in California any info?

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2001 RT 10 from NV. sold by Henderson Chevrolet. I was wondering if any one recognizes it and can give me some history on it. The Viper has Yellow inner seat panels and VCA badging in it as well as a sticker. I believe it was owned by Gregory Moore, I have pics of it in my photo album. I really want to know if anything has been add to it for performance or if it's all stock? I'm a first time Viper owner and still getting familiar with the car. Thanks for any help you can give me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Merry Christmas and have a safe Happy New Years.

Bill

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recognize it...it looks like mine before I put a million mods on it. It looks very clean, very nice and very stock from the outside. Add some interior and engine pictures so we can see if any performance mods were done. The rear exhaust tips look stock. Yellow inner seat panels would be an aftermarket mod.

OP
OP
G

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Ken, I added a few pics of the interior, exhaust and engine compartment. I think it looks stock except for the K&N sticker and seat inserts.
Thanks Bill

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The interior is stock except for the seats (may have been replaced or re-covered) and the badge that is located just below the shifter. The outside bolsters of the seats wear faster since there is a lot of sliding down into the viper seats so they get replaced by owners (this may be why your's are new). I don't know what the deelie is positioned under the cigar lighter, but I'm assuming it's not attached.

You exhaust is stock but the rear muffler has been removed and replaced with straight pipes (the two pipes between the rear tips and the first outward bends...with the flat metal piece holding them together) to make it sound better. I also did this when I first bought my viper. It's a cheap way to get a better sounding exhaust. I later replaced the entire exhaust system.

Yes, the K&N sticker on the airbox was added, but the rest of the engine compartment looks very clean and very stock.

You've got what looks to be a very clean viper.

One more thing...I can't tell from the pictures if your tires are original, but tires are a very important safety concern for these cars. New/current rubber is a must before you can test the viper's metal.

OP
OP
G

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks ken,
The item under the cigar lighter is the control to the 8 disk CD player in the trunk. I was told by the Dealer that the Brakes were new and they put on new rear tires. You would think that they would have either put new rubber all the way around or at least match the rear to the front brand....:dunno:

Rear Tires: BFGOODRICH G-FORCE T/A 335/30ZR18 102Y

Front Tires: MICHELIN 275/35ZR18 95Y M+S
PILOT SPORT A/S

Both front and back tires look fairly new...

Last edited:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your front tires are probably original equipment. Here is what the tread pattern looks like for the old PS1s...

You must be registered for see images

Take a look at this thread to determine the age based on the DOT numbers on the side of the tires...

How old are Tires

I included some pictures in post# 16 of the above thread.

If they aren't current then they will be very hard (they harden over time) and easily spin out of control. It doesn't matter how much tread they have, they will need to be replaced. There are many many threads and information on this site about the dangers of old tires. A number of viper accidents occur because of new owners and old tires.

OP
OP
G

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The DOT number on the front tire is #(2405) and rear tire is (4M5R) (LT11).

I've looked at some of the older posts and I guess matching the front tires to the existing newer rear tires would be the way to go. Some good opinions of the BFGOODRICH tires.

Thank for your help!
Bill

OP
OP
G

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did some calling around this week and found out that the BFGOODRICH KDW tire has been dis-continued, they now have the KDW 2 T/A. The tread pattern looks to be similar so since the dealership put new KDW tires on the rear and left the 6 year old PS2 tires on the front, I went ahead and got two of the KDW 2 T/A tires up front. Cost me $519.00 out the door for two new tires installed so I'm good with that and now can have a piece of mind while driving on new rubber.....:drive:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've hung around the NV region guys, but I knew Greg when he owned that car and I can tell you he took good care of it. As I remember, he mostly just used it for cruising. I don't recall him having many mods to the car.

At least Gerg's car is in a good VCA region now...

OP
OP
G

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a nice conversation with Marko last night and he feels the same way about the car and was surprised that Greg sold it. It's comforting to know that the car was not abused and was taken care of prior to me owning it. I was in the Bahamas on a cruize ship when I bought it off ebay and this was my first time doing something like this without seeing the car in person let alone drive it....Thank you for the feedback, it's apreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh