Never titled 1992 Vipers $200K

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw those on eBay this afternoon. I was shocked for one, let alone TWO sub 40 mile 1992s! Talk about a time capsule. Unfortunately overpriced but good examples none the less.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give one to '98 Chuck to make sure it's real :D

Please note the complaint-free content. Dave, contemporary mod-rice Viper/Ricer owner, and I approve this message.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would buy them for $200,000 if I had the money laying around, but I have seemed to miss placed my wallet so I guess I can't.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely! Just spent the last half hour counting pennies from my son's piggy bank....up to, uhhhhh, about $3.47. May take awhile, but I'll get there, promise!:D

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I had the money and space, I would definitely jump on that, long term it would be a good investment, plus they are a great pair of Viper history.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO a little high but not far off the mark, I will say if I had endless money I would pay it, he should put it in Barret, seems like Vipers go for crazy money there

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At $100k each, it really doesn't seem that bad. Assuming they were stored correctly and still in good shape (which they appear to be), I would think they will bring a lot more than that years from now.
I know it's hard to compare different cars, but can you imagine what a GT500, 70 Chevelle LS6, etc would bring today if you had one in perfect shape with 40miles that had never even been titled?
If I had the money sitting around and the space to keep them properly, knowing that I would never drive them either, it seems like a good investment. I buy cars to drive them though! :)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
at 100k a piece, i think the guy is just trying to break even. when those cars first came out they were selling for around 100k. remember?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
at 100k a piece, i think the guy is just trying to break even. when those cars first came out they were selling for around 100k. remember?

Buying something for some price 20 years ago and then selling it for the same price is a big Loss in my book.
200K adjusted for say 3%inflation = $361,222.25 in TODAYs money. If he would have invested that money in practically anything back in 1992 he would have made much more than than that.

Again, showing that most cars are Not a Financial Investment. Only an investment in your enjoyment/life. ....which this guy didnt get either since they were never driven. = Fail

anyone notice how ridiculous the chapstick on the tires looks in the pic with the hood popped up:crazy2:

You must be registered for see images attach