New 08 Owner/ ? about Alarm Key Lock

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I've jumped ship and traded off my 98 GTS for an 08 Coupe just in time to take to VOI. While learning all the new procedures I found the manual key lock under the driver side mirror that unlocks and resets the alarm.

I have tried both sets of keys, but when inserted it will not turn. Both keys fit the ignition, rear hatch, and glove box. Hard to believe the factory would put the wrong tumbler in there.

Just wondering if their is a trick to this that I'm missing. Anyone else have this problem?

Used the search forum, but came up empty. :dunno:

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hell I've never even tried it.

Well I've jumped ship and traded off my 98 GTS for an 08 Coupe just in time to take to VOI. While learning all the new procedures I found the manual key lock under the driver side mirror that unlocks and resets the alarm.

I have tried both sets of keys, but when inserted it will not turn. Both keys fit the ignition, rear hatch, and glove box. Hard to believe the factory would put the wrong tumbler in there.

Just wondering if their is a trick to this that I'm missing. Anyone else have this problem?

Used the search forum, but came up empty. :dunno:

Vip23er

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the same problem in my 2003, but when I called asking questions, they told me you just have to turn hard. It felt like I was going to break the key in half, but it finally went and door opened. I cant promise this is the way it is suppose to work, but it worked on mine.

Reaction score
The key is absurdly hard to turn and it will really help if you apply pressure to the door while turning to take pressure off the manual latch. Even then it is hard but this will help a lot.

Mark

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang