New 1/8 mile Best with ****** Headers

TurboRob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't get to run at a 1/4 track this weekend, but I did get to put the car on the 1/8. It wasn't my best 1/8 ET (stock clutch still slipping quite a bit), but it was consistently running my best mph ever.

60ft 1.71
330ft 4.74
1/8ET 7.24
1/8mph 102.94

My previous best 1/8 was a 7.22 @ 99.8 on a 1.66 60ft. So I think it does in fact show some gain from the headers. Especially with the high mph.

It ran 101.8-102.9 all night. Weather was 68 degrees, just about the same as the last time I ran. I think the computer is starting to adjust for the headers now, since they've now been on the car for about 600 miles. (Tom Welch said I could expect that...guess he was right :) )

Just thought some of you may be interested in the progress....

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what type of power adder are you looking at if any? how does that run compare to the 11.18 pass?

OP
OP
T

TurboRob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mattL - I don't know exactly what you mean? If you are asking if I have a power adder, then no. Just ported heads, T&D rockers, and exhaust. If you are asking if I plan on a power adder, then yes. I plan to build Twin Turbo's for it over the winter.

My 1/8 mile on the 11.18 pass was the timeslip I posted....7.22 @ 99mph. However, at that time the clutch wasn't slipping as bad as it is now.

Hope that helps.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob,
How come you went with the ****** Headers (vs Bellanger / Edelbrock / B&B)?
Any problems with the install?
Thanks

OP
OP
T

TurboRob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a Dealer for ******, and they looked to be excellent quality for a little less money than the Belangers.
There were no problems with the install, but I don't like the fact they have a 2 1/2" collector pipe, instead of 3". I'm going to change this to a 3" next week. For that reason alone, I would probably have went with Belangers if I had it to do over again.