NEW 1992-2002 RT/10 Roll Bar.....Group Purchase Opportunity

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

Moderators, I know this forum is not where this goes, but we are offering a new item at a substantial savings for VCA members for a period of ONE week. Please allow this post to remain for that period. Many Thanks!

Our New Gen 1 and Gen 2 RT/10 Roll Bar is complete and ready for sale. We have installed and tested this bar in an RT/10 using a hard top, a soft top and ******* with just the trim panel in front of the factory sport bar(thanks to FlyinPhil for his RT/10 usage).

I will have pics available tomorrow evening (I hope I can figure how to post them) and they will be on my website in about a week. This Roll Bar is similar to our GTS Bar in that it does not restrict viewing from the rear view mirror, gives as much head room as possible, allows the use of factory seat belts as well as provides mounting location for perfectly centered aftermarket shoulder harness sets, includes a removable side bar on the drivers side, has 5 mounting locations, requires NO fabrication for installation, and does not inhibit seat travel.

I will consider a group purchase discount for an initial order of 15 or more of these bars. Our normal website pricing will be the same as our GTS Roll Bar at $ 1099.00 for the bar only with no powdercoating or safety harnesses.

The GROUP PURCHASE PRICE will be $ 939.00 each (thats a 15% discount)

You can add powder coating in Red, Black, or Blue for $ 125.00

You can add a pair of RJS Cam Lok 5 point 3" NHRA/SCCA/SFI Approved Harnesses for $ 295.00 (colors are Red,Blue, Black)

Those interested in a group purchase, please post a reply here or contact me via email. I will honor this group discount for only one week from Tuesday, July 8th as I already have a waiting list and will start billing and shipping to those on the list by weeks end.

Thanks and happy Vipering,

Tom

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,
I am interested, but my Viper is in the midst of an Arrow rebuild? It won't be done within a week?
It is a 1996 RT/10...... located in Jacksonville?
Does your price included installation.... or is that a kit price? When you mention "trim panel" are you referring to the plastic panel behind the front seats... or the pad on the leading edge of the sport bar?
Thanks, Lance

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance,

The panel I'm referring to is the leading edge pad on the front of the sport bar.

The price does NOT include installation. You can save
$ 165.00 by purchasing on this group buy and put that towards installation when your car returns home.

Thanks,

Tom

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this an approved roll bar? Need pics. I was considering a autoform. Does the panel that contains the glove box & Spkr. need to be cut or is there a loss of either?

Thanks
Andy

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What cutting is required for installation?

How much space is lost in rearward seat travel and reclination?

need4spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
seat travel and the ability to recline the seat all the way is a concern of mine as well. oh yeah, let's see those pics!! thanks, kyle

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK,

Here are a few pics.....if they load correctly...LOL.

The pics themselves are not that great and I will be taking some during the daylight hours tomorrow and post them. As for the color, this color blue was specified by the Viper owner and as you can see by noting the steering wheel and speaker covers, we matched his previous color perfectly.

The bar itself fits like a glove and the small cutouts in the upper rear of the center console fit around the bar with no excess openings and add to an OEM look. I took pics with and without the seats. You can see that rear viewing is excellent compared to competitive bars on the market and seat travel is NOT comprimised in any way. The bar fits with a hard and soft top (will post pics if needed) and gives a few inches above the head (helmet-less)of most drivers.

We have detailed installation instructions for both Gen 1 and Gen 2 RT Vipers. You will not find a better fitting, higher quality and better priced Roll Bar for your Viper!

Thanks again,

Tom

308RT10_Roll_Bar_PassSide-med.jpg

308RT_Roll_Bar_Drivers-med.jpg

308RT_Roll_Bar_DSSeatsin-med.jpg

308RT_Roll_BarPassSideSeatsin-med.jpg

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of follow-up questions:
1. How does it impact removing the rear window? Looks very difficult to do so...
2. Is there any sealing ring around the rear deck cut-outs to prevent entry of moisture? I commonly drive in the rain...
3. Is this bar approved? What are the types of approval for roll bars?

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

Answers to questions;

Rear window is removable, bars are not in the way of window screws.

The rear deck cutouts completely circle the bars....I have a few better pics that I will be posting on another thread today. As for driving in the rain, Im sorry to say that your rear deck cover does NOT have ANY sealing capability from water ingestion from the rear in the event the rear window is removed. This roll bar does not hamper the rear deck covers ability to shed what water that it can.

Approved? This bar was designed using the NHRA 2003 Rule book, general regulations regarding roll bars for full bodied cars. The design of the Viper makes roll bar design difficult, but I feel that this bar will pass technical inspection at an NHRA facility. The tubing is constructed of the proper materials specified by the NHRA and is correct in thickness and diameter. The welds are correct, the plates that sandwich the floorpan for the sidebar are 6"x6" which is specified by the NHRA, the side bar intersects the drivers arm at the correct location, and we gave as much head room above the head as possible considering the need for top clearance on RT Vipers. When I sit in the seat of this car I have about 3" of head room and I cannot touch my head against ANY of the bars with the seat fully reclined.

Cut-outs on a Gen 2 will be exactly the same as on the Gen 1. The upright bar mounting location is outside of the area where Gen 2 seatbelt retractors mount so no modifications are required. No cutting of the side panels, floor sill plate or any other panels is required.

Thanks again for your questions.

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang