New 1995 Owner Questions

Razorbc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased a 1995 R/T 10 Yellow. 2600 miles yesterday. Great solid Car. All the windows and vinyl roofs in original unopened packaging.

-I would like to drive with the seat all the way back however I do not reach the pedals all that well. Is there a pedal kit that would bring them closer?

-I have heard different opinions on getting the car ceramic and PPF coated, Thoughts? I usually only keep cars a year or so, I do not want to hurt the value.

-Is there a seat lowering kits that is not fixing on place, if I get it lowered and set all the way back I will definitely need different pedals if available.
You must be registered for see images attach

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the gen 1 cars, but I thought the gen 2 ones at least had removable pedals to some degree as someone I know mentioned changing the pedals on his for better heel-toe capability. Regarding the seat, I'm pretty sure there are two different kits out there, but maybe I'm thinking of the later gens. I believe one was a 1" drop that still had the tracks and let you adjust it and the other was a 2" drop but turned it into a solid mounted seat.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, that looks like a real nice Viper

To your questions;

-I would like to drive with the seat all the way back however I do not reach the pedals all that well. Is there a pedal kit that would bring them closer? There is a kit made to move the seat track forward for folks that can't reach the pedals. My wife is 5' 1" and after adding this she can now reach the pedals. Question, why do want/need to move the seat all the way back??

-
I have heard different opinions on getting the car ceramic and PPF coated, Thoughts? I usually only keep cars a year or so, I do not want to hurt the value. If they do a good job and also do a "paint correction" at the same time it won't hurt value and to some potential buyers it will enhance the value. But a poor job will hurt the value

Is there a seat lowering kits that is not fixing on place, if I get it lowered and set all the way back I will definitely need different pedals if available. As MoparMap said, a 1' drop kit will allow the seat rails to move, the 2" drop kit is stationary.

From Generation 2 on (1996 coupes, 1997 RT/10's), all vipers came with adjustable pedals. You can find sets both new and used. Some folks have retrofitted these on G1's. Unless you can DIY, it will be fairly pricey to do that.

Good luck!! Mike

OP
OP
R

Razorbc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, that looks like a real nice Viper

To your questions;

-I would like to drive with the seat all the way back however I do not reach the pedals all that well. Is there a pedal kit that would bring them closer? There is a kit made to move the seat track forward for folks that can't reach the pedals. My wife is 5' 1" and after adding this she can now reach the pedals. Question, why do want/need to move the seat all the way back??

Thank you for the answers, I feel the driving position is more comfortable back because i have a long body and shorter legs. The windshield frame feels like it is right on me when the seat is forward.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My suggestion is just move the seat up, know one will know your seat is moved up. I had a 95 RT10 and with the seat moved up a 10 year old can reach the pedals, the biggest complaint with the gen1 is the seat didn't go back far enough , my knees use to cover my ears when I drove it, it was like a circus clown getting out of a tiny car.

kssssnake

Enthusiast
Venom Member
Reaction score
Those answers are correct. Mine had the 2 inch lowering hardware installed. Put the original back in and it sat too high. Bought the one inch and installed it. To drive it I get in, slide the seat forward and fully recline it. Fits perfectly. I do have dress up covers on the pedal that I assume were aftermarket. Moves them out a smidge. I'm nearly 6 foot tall with long legs so it's not you. It's the car.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Moving the seat forward and reclining it was the next thing I thought about as well (kssssnake beat me to it). That should help a little for those with shorter legs and longer arms, but it may only go so far. I'm 6' even and that's how I have my gen 3 set up so that I can see through the middle of the windshield better. I have longer legs as well though, so it's a little cramped, but I do have the adjustable pedals in the gen 3 to help out there a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper