New, 92-96 RT/10 "Fuzzy dash" Solution

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New, 92-96 RT/10 \"Fuzzy dash\" Solution

All I can say is.. WOW!!! These dashes are sweeeeet!
Every GenI needs one! Every time I now look at a GenI w/o one of these, they look plain.
The pictures DO NOT do it justice! In person, it looks incredible! Every meet I go to, ppl GOT to have one! They are VERY THIN! Some Viper owners are even ripping out their other dash kits to install this one. It took me about 15 minutes to install and it was easy. It fits right over your existing dash and the fit is precise.. Our last meeting at VCA in Orlando, the GenI owners were in awe over it, but they weren't quite ready..Until now..

This is ultra thin REAL carbon Fiber, Brushed Aluminum is also available.

This is Antonio's car (VIP-RT/10), a 1993 RT/10. The contrast of the Red exterior and Carbon Fiber interior is stunning.. GenII's are coming.

These are 20 pc (or was it 19 pc) kits. If you look at the pics they go from the main dash , center console, even the ashtray!, door tweeters, door "ash tray" handles, rear speaker area, door bezels, Glove box and Glove box handle, center console, etc, etc.
Dash Pictures

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does the dash kit come with a free pair of snakeskin shoes for pimping? That dash, in my opinion, is gawdy...sorry but I wouldn't install that if it were free...

If you already have snakeskin shoes and a zoot suit with a lengthy chain that dash is for you...

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Geez Frank you are always controversial but lighten up. Bad day under the car? Get your bottle of ripple and a paper cup and relax.

PS You still havent been to any cruises in DE this year, bring out the Rebel, the local guys would like to see it.

Steve

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Here's a picture and parts diagram from their website.
You must be registered for see images

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Never was it so noticeable as this last meet in Orlando, I saw what my old dash looked like and now.....I can't believe that I waited so long to change it over. The old dash looks horrible now to me, especially with the fuzz stuff that fell off and got scratched up really easily.

To clarify, it is a 20 piece set, fits snugly and it is exactly 3mm with tape! I am so happy with it, it's a hit at every event that we go to. If anyone needs tips on how to install the pieces, e-mail Gerald, JonB, or myself.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sean...the exhaust will be in this thursday...I'll take pics so you can see. That is the same diagram of the pieces, and a similar pic, but that is not the company where I got the dash from...thanks though!

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vip-RT10:
Sean...the exhaust will be in this thursday...I'll take pics so you can see. That is the same diagram of the pieces, and a similar pic, but that is not the company where I got the dash from...thanks though!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Vip-RT10,

That picture and diagram is from the manufacturer's website. You probably bought it from one of their dealers / vendors as most manufacturers don't deal direct with the public. Their place is about an hour south of my shop. Since nobody showed exactly what was in the kit, I decided to help out with a picture link from the manufacturers website. They also offer colored carbon fiber and solid color kits. As one of thier dealers, I'm sure Parts Rack can get any of their color options. We offer trim kits also, but use less pieces that aim to enhance the looks, where the larger kits, like these, are better for covering up. As Jon said, it can help you cover a fuzzy 92-96 RT/10 dash.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry about that Sean.....you are right then. They are from FL by you.

Frank....you are right, to each his own. That is why there are many different types of cars out there. Once you see them up close, they are a step up from the Gen I fuzzy dash crap.

FINNVIPER....If I were you, I would remove the old dash and door bezzels (they slide off toward the rear of the car), clean it off using a wire brush, acetone (nail polish remover) and elbow grease, then get it painted satin black ($20).This will make your car look way better than factory fuzz paint. Look at the pics and you can see that the gray area remains around the leg area, and center console area. This gives it a neat contrast and keeps continuity with the black from the top part of the doors. You'll be really happy when you get it.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

These dashes are SWEET! I thought the same thing about it being gawdy and ugly. A GenI looks incredible with it on there.. Everyone that has seen it in person has only great things to say about it.
If you get direct from mfg, they charge $594!.....

Gerald

jim93rt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sorry guys but this time I have to agree with Frank add too mamy do-dads and it will look like a christmas tree. My idea of a viper is basic, fast, and fun. K.I.S.S. bye

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, Frank & Cherm are doing almost as well as Burnrate & Hennessey, keep it up!

Oh, and this fuzzy dash thing must be pretty nasty...I went to an s2000 event recently where they were a number of carbon fibre mods, including hoods, and I wasn't real impressed, but hey if you like it, go for it.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cherm.....don't worry,it only matters what you feel is good. What about those sweet Lebarons!...those were great....for me to poop on.....(Triumph the insult comic dog)

TOM & SARAH...the dash fuzz is the grey velvety-like paint on the dash. On mine that has 6900 miles on it since 93, and always garage kept, it turned to crap. This carbon dash is great compared from before. The pics are of my car taken last weekend. So far Frank is the only one that doesn't like it.

Frank...I guess that Ferrari is stupid then for making a car entirely of carbon fiber....and i bet you think that looks like crap too. It's denial Frank...the old dashes (that are deteriorated) look like crap.

I still don't get it why people need to start things.....we are here to share info and ways of doing things, not to bash each other like in other boards.........

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think you have more money than brains...just take a look at what cars you own...typical pompous a-wipe. Do you even own a wrench or anything from a Snap On catalog?? Or is that what you pay monkeys for?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I also have a GenI. My dash had not deteriorated but I was not satisfied with the dull, gray appearance. The 1996 RT offered a black, smooth finish dash which I found to be a good replacement, with a more sedate look.

Carbon fiber is awesome looking when done right. However, the engineer in me says it should not be for appearance only. Carbon fiber is intended to be used where its high strength to weight ratio is effective. As a covering I do not believe its strength is being used, and is therefor only additional weight. Clearly the opposite of what carbon fiber is originally intended.

My apology. I have chosen to not list all my other vehicles (although if I had all of those Ferraris I might be do it too) or other household implements.

Good Luck and let's get back to being a nice board!
Ron

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What cracks me up again is that everyone here is so biased...I guess I am not entitled to my own opinions and when people insult me that is okay, but I get chastised when I stick it back to 'em...talk about a bunch of highschoolers...this is put to rest!

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Contrary to how Frank types he is a genuinely good guy. I met him at a show last year, and he does keep his cars nice.

RELAX!!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Frank,is your opinion based on the web photo's.If so,you can't do that.Someone of your stature,using quality k-mart products on your supercar knows better.For ex.just about everyone I know didn't care for the 03' car photos.After seeing the 500/500/500 at the auto show,i'll get one.99

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

See Frank, you are right to have an opinion, we all do. But we can do without the name calling. BTW....I do most of the work on the cars, even the Ferraris and BMW, since we have extensive experience in this area.

Thanks JonB......I love to learn the things you teach me, and ultimately I hope to return the favor by teaching you something, like we have already done. Keeping an open mind opens doors and creates thoughts, once you close our mind and stop growing, we become stagnant and become irritable, ignorant and regress.

My appologies to Frank, we are not in highschool anymore where my friend can beat up your friend and so forth...Thanks for your opinion, but don't criticise something if you don't have the personal experience or know-how behind you. I do and I can honestly say it is the best esthetic improvement I have done to the car....

To all that may like the pics, do what you feel, to me it looks 100% better than my ruined stock dash....

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vip-RT10:
it is the best esthetic improvement I have done to the car....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Want a better esthetic improvement...put me in the drivers seat!

Antonio beat me to the punch but for the record, Antonio does much of his own work on his cars and he isn't afraid to do "dueling donuts" in vacant parking lots with his Viper bros. I’m hoping to talk him into getting a race Viper to hit the tracks with me.

People are so easily offended ("offended" I hate to use that ***** word), particularly on a message board when expressions and attitude are rarely conveyed with accuracy.

Let's not forget what a great law-abiding American once said, "Why can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King circa 1992

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Hey for the record, Antonio (Gerbil Boy)..I like that dash! It's really groovy and far out! Please no fighting in here..we are a brotherhood in here...if anyone wants to fight..I will bring the gimp out..otherwise known a gerald...hehe! What's on the menu this weekend Tampa Bay??!!

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are right Chuck, with 3 Vipers you will be the mack daddy! No boubts on that!

Adam....Ale house tomorrow night (thurs) and anything for the weekend. I'll call you tomorrow....

BTW.....I'm putting in the exhaust in tomorrow from Roe Racing.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

As usual, Tony is absolutely correct, but I cleaned up the thread a bit for two specific reasons:

1) Our rules state: No personal attacks (whether in jest or not, as sometimes the joke may be taken seriously)

2) This IS and will CONTINUE TO BE a VIPER MESSAGE BOARD. Most of us have very limited time to enjoy this incredible resource. To dilute a topic with ping pong personal comments and insults doesn't help anybody. As Tony said, if you're so inclined to insult, attack or threaten someone (and I hope none of our members really want to), just e-mail the person privately, and "take it outside".

I hope everyone understands.