New ACR has arrived! (pics)

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just arrived today from Roanoke Motors. Special thanks to John, Aaron and Carl.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SWEEEEEEET!!!:headbang:

I WANT MINE NOW!

Jeez - you're making me jelous.

Very, very nice car.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that truck / trailer combo delivering the car from the factory? Or is it from a dealer?

I'm told that the truck delivering my ACR has 8 Vipers on it but just 1 is an ACR. It supposedly left the factory last Monday - a week and a half ago! Where the hell is the damn truck already? Maybe stuck at Canada Customs?

Jeez.

Greg

OP
OP
toomanymodz

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is that truck / trailer combo delivering the car from the factory? Or is it from a dealer?

I'm told that the truck delivering my ACR has 8 Vipers on it but just 1 is an ACR. It supposedly left the factory last Monday - a week and a half ago! Where the hell is the damn truck already? Maybe stuck at Canada Customs?

Jeez.

Greg
The rig belongs to Roanoke Motors. They have their own dedicated delivery truck. I would contact your dealer and ask them where your snake is. Carl had mine at my front door in just 2 days.

V

Venomiss

Congratulations on your new Viper from Roanoke and John!:2tu:

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My experience,from living in B.C. is that the truck travels in Canada from east to west dropping off cars along the way.The western provinces receive theirs last obviously.
My car was built on April 21/08,but I had to wait until they had enough Vipers to fill the truck.Consequently I received my vehicle on June 9 and it was the second last one on the truck.It even had a card stating dated material,ship asap.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A magnificent ride. Cogratulations! If I was going to buy an '08 or '09 ACR, that would be my choice of colors. It is one mean machine.

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great ride!!! How exciting to have the trailer pull up and the door roll open to see such a fantastic car. CONGRATS!!! (yes, that's my attempt at the drivers stripe in the congrats) :D

OP
OP
toomanymodz

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the nice comments. It was an unreal experience for sure. People driving by would slow down, or stop and look. Some were literally hanging out of their windows gawking. Too funny.

I called my insurance agent (Heacock Classic) and the lady took my information. She sounded hesitant as to whether they would offer me coverage or not. I've had them cover my 06 Viper and 66 Chevelle without an issue, so I'm not sure why they would make an issue. My neighbour recommended that I call Grundy. Maybe I will, just to get a quote at least.

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it!!!!! Perfect color combo for your 'Ring Burner. Now you're going to have to learn to drive it and beat Lee Sauders!!

Enjoy in good health.

T

toofast

Nice...

I also ordered an ACR through John at Roanoke, so it looks like another one will be headed to Florida. Would love to hear you opinions on the car, anticipation is killing me.

Thanks,
David

OP
OP
toomanymodz

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As soon as my insurance agent contacts me tomorrow with my new policy, I'll be taking it for a gentle spin. It has to be broken-in, so I'll have to take it easy for the first 200 miles (according to the manual).

So far, just backing it off of the trailer, I can feel (and hear) a huge difference. The shifter has a totally different feel going into each gate. The engine has a smoother, yet more powerful sounding idle. I'm a big fan of the big 'lumpy camshaft' sound of my 06 and I was worried that I wouldn't like the sound of the smoother running 08. Let me tell you, the sound is absolutely incredible! There are no disappointments with this car!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! After being around so many ACRs up in Detroit, pictures just cannot do justice to how mean the car looks in real life. Enjoy that bad boy.

OP
OP
toomanymodz

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hear ya. Definitely a batmobile. Almost looks like something out of the movies.

A little side note: I've got a filtercharger kit for sale now (K&N FIPK) since the air cleaner on the 2008 is totally different. I'll post an ad in the classifieds. I put it on ebay as well.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome ACR, never get tired of seeing them. Some more pics to add to my collection. Now go and put some miles on the bad boy.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! That is the same guy who delivered mine from Roanoke. Very nice guy and professional service!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just cant get enough of looking at the ACR, especially that color combo. That has to be the best looking car I have ever seen, not kidding. Congrats again man.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte