New ACR-X and New Viper Website announced yesterday

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree, why would anyone buy the ACR-X for the street? The "regular" ACR is for that. I seriously doubt that the ACR-X has such things as catalytic converters, OBD-II compliance engine management, and air bags,etc. Items needed in order to register it for the street.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to street register the the ACR-X in the first place? It's a race car! It has no interior, A/C, radio, etc. And with a full roll cage you have to climb in the thing like NASCAR, even though the door opens.
Besides, that's what the ACR is for.
I agree, why would anyone buy the ACR-X for the street? The "regular" ACR is for that. I seriously doubt that the ACR-X has such things as catalytic converters, OBD-II compliance engine management, and air bags,etc. Items needed in order to register it for the street.
Relax.
It was just a thought.
You can put the torches and pitchforks away.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...OR....
To be able to drive it to the track, lap it all day long, then drive it home.
Not everyone has a Kenworth with a 4-bay trailer.

Fair enough but the ACR is for that. You really don't need a full cage and fuel cell for tracking. Good thing too or we'd have even fewer tracks than we do now.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish they made this streetlegal as there is already a Comp Coupe. Dont know why they just didnt make this a Comp Coupe series instead.

I guess if you want a streetlegal one just get a reg ACR and do a

[1] Lighter exhaust, headers, intake - Cant believe they dont have a Titanium exhaust option, either factory or aftermarket, a la Z06 for a car of this calibur and racing pretensions. That would save easy 30+ lbs on exhaust alone. Should have been standard.

[2] Lightweight reclining racing seats - easy 30-40lbs saving depending on seat. Anything is better than those heavy leather factory ones. This should have been standard from the factory a la GT3/GT2.

[3] maybe lighter battery, flywheel etc.

Im sure the Viper budget was responsible for not getting the most out of this incredible package, while keeping it streetlegal, but owners can take over from here and make this car the way it should be and still keep it streetlegal. SRT did the heavy lifting:)

Id imagine that a streetlegal ACR with the above weight savings and PCM/Exhaust/Intake mods would still lose but it should be less than 2 secs off an ACR-X. Its not gonna compete with the ACR-X rigidity with that rollcage, and revised Aero and tires but it could be closer than it is now while being streetlegal.

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did anybody take pictures of the interior and engine bay? It states unique interior, but it is difficult to see unique attributes from the pictures on the site and forum threads.

James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302