New Coupe What $ to get 130MPH traps?

E55AMGJaxFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm currently driving a stock E55 AMG and am thinking of going to a new Viper coupe. What kind of cost is involved to mod the Viper to get the 1/4 mile trap speeds up around 130MPH?

Kevin

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bolt on a Paxton supercharger ($7K-$10K installed)
Some dealers will do the installation and have the supercharged car delivered right to your door. :2tu:

OP
OP
E

E55AMGJaxFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anything I can do that is more subtle (IE won't void warranty) to get better traps? What exactly happens to elapsed time/ trap speeds when you add the gear mod?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure he means adding a nitrous-propane system. :2tu:
It is a straight forward installation, and it's invisible to the operation of the car when it's turned off.

Plus because the Viper's engine is understressed in normal operation, it can easily handle nitrous with no problems if setup right (with proper air/fuel dyno testing-tuning done). :laugh:

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREG GOOD HEADS. Many people believe that the headwork alone (no cam) is worth 70hp or so. That should be just enough to get an extra 6-7 mph out of your car. Very stealthy, too. Installed for under $5000, I believe. Throw in a cam for another 30hp. Headers and exhaust will give you away big time, so I cant' recomend them for your application. There are also some really cool castings coming out by Jeff Morey that you may want to check out. Info is limited at this time.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do You have a web site or phone number? I am ready for some head work on my 97 GTS. I was told almost 7-8 grand...
Thanks Robert and Happy Holidays To All

:2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine